on 22 July 2013
Given some of the reviews on here, I was looking forward to a good old haunting story, even if it is meant to be true. I was a little disappointed, however, as nothing much seems to happen.They see a couple of figures (the husband never does), the air gets cold now and again and a few other shennanigans take place, but nothing you can really get your teeth in to. If I had to class this I'd say it was a book about a 'light' haunting (as opposed to the heavy, foreboding, dragging you across the floor type haunting). Was a semi-OK read but I was a bit narked to have spent a lot of money on such a meagre product.
on 12 December 2013
In my opinion, this is a not a one to buy. Every "paranormal" occurrence, in this book, can just as easily be explained by a more mundane explanation. How many of us still believe an orb caught on camera is a spirit, and not as likely to be a speck of dust? If you do, then this book may appeal to you. A more believable read is "True Haunting" by Edwin F Becker or the grandfather, and again, in my opinion, the best ever of this genre, "This House Is Haunted" by Guy Lyon Playfair. Any story told doesn't have to be real, just believable, and "Haunted: The Incredible True Story of a Canadian Family's Experience Living in a Haunted House, just isn't believable.
on 16 February 2013
This account of a familys experience of living in a house chock full of paranormal activities started off reasonably but deteriorated badly towards the end. The author had no real explanations for the many ghostly figures, noises, flooding, electrical malfunctions etc. that beset her but tried very hard to tie up all the ends. Unfortunately her conclusions (despite much digging around in local archives and literally in her back yard) were not convincing and left me unsatisfied, not to mention unbelieving.
on 1 January 2015
I bought this book to read on a long haul flight (London to Sydney). And had finished it by the end of the flight. It's easy to read, interesting and we'll put together. Would recommend it as an easy holiday read.
on 17 May 2013
ENJOYABLE READ WILL READ AGAIN SOON.I SO ENJOY TRUE GHOST STORIES.THE LONGER THE STORY THE BETTER.ESPECIALLY AT NIGHT.SCARY!!!!!!? THANK GOODNESS MY HOUSE DOESN'T HAVE ANY GHOST!!'.
on 29 March 2014
This book was really interesting, it tells the story of a family moving in to a house and how they deal with some strange occurrences. It's not the conjuring, but personally I enjoyed the story. It's not for everyone.
on 9 June 2013
Quite interesting but this would work better as a film script. If there's a sequel I would like to know if events subsided or how the new residents reacted.
on 27 January 2013
good subject and really enjoyed the book much better then the amytivile in my opinion was more content to it
on 10 February 2013
Very good read..not as scary as I thought it wo
uld be but an interesting account of how a family coped with paranormal happenings
on 28 September 2015