Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Handmade Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop Men's Shop Women's

on 10 May 2015
Anyone familiar with Ray Ban glasses will agree that the glasses themselves do not really need reviewing. Simply put, they are some of the best fashion sunglasses you can get. Due to this popularity and iconic look, it has meant there are many, many fake glasses available and they are getting harder to spot all the time. With all this in mind, this review will focus on just a couple of points:-

1. Are the glasses real or fake?

A. The glasses I got were 100% real. It should be noted however that I purchased mine through Amazon as the seller. I can not speak for the other seller options as they ship direct and Amazon are not responsible for checking this items. So if you are not choosing Amazon as the seller, you may want to check the seller feedback or buy them direct from Ray Ban if you are unsure how to check for fakes and don't want to take a chance.

If you are worried about getting fakes, there are few simple checks you can make yourself.

* The easiest and most accurate way to test them is to weigh them. No videos showing fakes ever suggest this, not sure why. A 50mm lens size pair of black wayfarer glasses with G15 lenses will weigh exactly 45 grams. A fake pair will be lighter, due to the absence of metal support frames.

* The left lens (as you are wearing them) should have a small "RB" logo, laser cut into the glass. This is not etched, so if you can feel it with your finger, it's not right.

* The angle of the front frame has an aggressive slant towards the bottom of the eye. If you open the glasses and put them on a flat service and look at them side on. If the lenses are at a 90% angle straight down, they're not right.

* Hold frame up to a VERY bright light source. You should be able to see a metal bar frame inside the arms of the glasses. The plastic will also have a deep purple colour.

* Check the case. It should not have red lining inside. It should also have an engraved "Ray Ban" logo on the pop button.

There are loads of videos on youtube comparing fakes to real glasses, so you should be able to watch these and tell real ones from fakes.

2. Size options

A. The glasses are available as two sizes. "Medium" and "One Size". I found this a bit odd as "one size" would suggest to me that the glasses are one size fits all. This is not the case. The "one size" refer to the 54mm lens size and these do not also come in the classic iconic square style frame, but a more rounded frame. If you want the iconic and traditional 50's style ones, chose the medium size which come with the 50mm lenses.

3. Lens options

A. Simple. There are no lens options available here. They come with the standard Ray Ban G15 dark "green" lenses. These are very dark and block about 85% of sunlight. Perfect for very sunny conditions. Ray Bans come with lots of options for lesses including colours and polarised. If you want something more specific, these won't do for you.

To sum up, I got these for £75 which is a £50 saving buying them direct from Ray Ban. As these were the size and lens options I wanted, I thought it a great deal.
on 5 July 2014
I was very happy with the purchase at first as these were the first pair of wayfarers i had ever purchased but unfortunately after having them for a few weeks they broke. I recently went to a genuine ray-ban dealer to replace the glasses when I got home I compared the glasses and it was very noticeable that the glasses purchased here we're not genuine. There are many tell tail signs such as the angle lens of these glasses being almost 90 degrees compared to the very sharp angle on the genuine ray-bans and the frame being Completely solid not letting any light through where as the genuine ones should allow light to pass giving it a purple colour and being able to see the metal support bars running Down the the arm. There are many more noticeable differences. Do not buy these glasses if you are looking for genuine ray-bans!
11 comment| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 July 2016
I bought these from the seller Amazon
They are 100% genuine product.
The sunglasses themselves are brilliant, you can really feel the quality.
Half the price you'd pay in the shops.
Without doubt, the best sunglasses I have ever purchased.

Would recommend to anyone looking for Ray Ban sunglasses.
on 27 March 2012
We had our suspicions that these ray bans were not right and had them checked by an authorised distributor -- they are fake -
33 comments| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 March 2014
I bought these sunglasses to replace my broken wayfarers. Excellent lenses with polarised glass and the dark amber tint makes even a dull day look bright.
However the sunglasses cannot be worn for more than thirty minutes without pain and they cause deep grooves at the top of my cheekbones. The sunglasses move upwards a long way if I smile hoisted by my cheek muscles.
On closer inspection I discovered that the lenses slope inwards at the bottom which my old Ray-Ban Wayfarers did not.
Since been told there are two designs, the modern frame that does not slope inwards and the classic which these are that do.
Third party seller, so not holding my breath, the first pair they sent were scratched. They do not appear to sell the newer design.
Hope I can return them. Beautifully made but avoid if you have high cheekbones.
on 1 May 2013
As the title would imply, the box was very much battered and in terrible condition which made me slightly paranoid that they'd be fakes, I underwent a tutorial on checking for fakes and they seem very much real, the sunglasses themselves are brilliant, you can really feel the worth and durability.
on 30 May 2013
Had my doubts about the item when I ordered it but when it arrived I just loved it. Looks really amazing.
And arrived on time as well.
on 16 August 2015
Mine were genuine. Postage marked from luxottica who are the owners of ray ban.
Checked all details to make sure not fakes and seem real. Correct weight and hinges. Correct detailing. Has the scratched rb hidden on lense. You feel the quality. Mine were 54 so they are for bigger faces. They suit my hubby also. Too big for dainty heads!
on 6 February 2012
As much as I love Rayban Wayfarer's, this seller was appalling. I bought the sunglasses with Amazon prime, but when i received the package the next day the only thing i received was the sunglasses case. I think it's unacceptable and idiotic to forget to put the product purchased in the packaging.
on 30 May 2015
As most others I had my worries about the authenticity of these, consisting the low price. I just took them to an authorised Ray Ban seller (Sunglasses Hut) who confirmed they were authentic. Happy days!