Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 4 July 2017
What amazing music. What a beautiful and expressive voice. Every track a joy. My musical taste is normally classical, choral, and opera, but this is something else. I might be an old f*** heading for seventy and I can say quite honestly that this is the finest music I have ever heard. Thank you to all concerned.
on 28 April 2017
Love Katie Melua
on 14 August 2017
Not as good as some of her previous recordings
on 31 July 2015
As god as all her other works
on 18 March 2017
Great cd
on 8 May 2015
Everything as expected, Excellent choice, great purchase.
on 18 July 2017
Another classic album by Katie Brill
on 26 September 2012
After the last album caused so many to argue she's lost it,trying to change her style a little,she comes back with something closer to what she's known for.
Personally,i loved THE HOUSE,but i'm also very much into the softer side of Melua,so this is fine by me.
Stand out songs for me are GOLD IN THEM HILL and THE BIT THAT I DON'T GET,but there's nothing on here i don't like,plus her voice is as beautiful as ever.
Now this is what i call a singer,you can keep your AMY WINEHOUSES or MARIA CARIEYS,KATIE MELUA beats them hands down in my view.
It seems a few found this dull,perhaps if they let it grow on them so that the tracks become familiar,let's face it,after THE HOUSE,people said she needs to back to the softer stuff,but now this is too bland for them,she just can't win. But saying that,she's still a winner in my eyes ...and ears.
on 26 July 2012
Whilst I admit to being a fan of Katie Melua music I had lost touch with her for, what I would like to say was, a couple of years but may have been even longer. It was in this context that act of booking to see a live performance in the magical environs of Hampton Court was made in act of good faith. Oh but how this act was repaid. It was not so much the old favourites that captivated the audience but, even more so, the new songs. Songs that contained a Katie Melua signature; but as if they were a left handed signature from a right handed person. Familiar, and yet hauntingly different. Secret Symphony is now my favourite Katie Melua album and i hope that I do not have to wait quite as long for the next one; although as she is about to get married I suspect that i might have to.
on 25 April 2012
Thi latest CD from Katie Melua is absolutely great. If you like her style of music and sultry tones this CD won't disappoint.