Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Ed Sheeran on Amazon Music Shop now Shop now

on 14 January 2013
I bought this book on the intensions of learning some unique way of quietening the mind before Meditation. What I did get was a lecture on how to organise my life on a daily basis and what I should and should not do in my spare time... on a daily basis! OK so it could be just me but.. I mean, we're talking 25 pages and then some into the book and you're still getting lectured into how to run your life and given the rundown of all the anxieties and stresses of life can throw at you and how "We" fail in going about our daily chores! In short, it had an adverse effect on me and for a book of its title, you must be hearing Alarm Bells by now! Maybe I was expecting something different and my mind set got a little spooked with the comandments at the start but, like I said, it just wound me up!
on 29 April 2012
This is a short bit decently written little book; useful and accessible, it gives those new to the concept of meditation an excellent place to start.

Being a fairly experienced practitioner of Zen meditation, I found myself wishing that I had come across this little gem when at the start of my practice. It gives useful insights into relaxation and points the reader to the many ways of achieving it.

There are some 'typos' that, if addressed, would further benefit the writing, but not enough to interfere with the reader's comprehension and pleasure.

I would certainly recommend Allen's book to those considering starting on the path towards inner peace.

QUIET POWER: MEDITATION FOR THE PEACEFUL WARRIOR
on 3 August 2012
This book is written in an easy down to earth style yet contains simple profound truths. I have gained many insights into "slowing down" and already feel some benefit.
I suspect that this is a book I will revisit.
It won't do you harm to read this. I am a practicing Christian and did not find anything that would challenge my faith in it. This is a book for all faiths and none.
on 16 January 2013
First i was under the impression this was a book and not cd;s, my own fault, but so far i think there is too much talking about how the brain works, quite over my head im afraid. But i shall persevere and play over again, perhaps it will get better.
on 19 January 2013
I thought the first half of the book was incredibly brief and of little practical use. The second half was much more useful - describing meditation techniques and positions. Overall, this book could only be considered a primer and more in-depth reading will definitely be required.
on 6 March 2013
I like this very much. It is well written, clear, and a straightforward no-nonsense guide for the beginner.
I recommend it highly.
on 9 October 2013
This book is a fantastic read for people looking to start on their journey of meditation. A book to read over and over again.
on 18 November 2014
Only read part of it up till now it seems ok
on 6 January 2013
A good insight or reminder to the how and the whys of meditation. Plainly written and a handy guide to return to.
on 9 August 2015