Customer reviews

Bell Helmet - Size S - Matte Gray, 210027082, grey, Small
Size: Small|Colour: Grey|Change
Price:£7.00 - £47.24

on 15 March 2010
Bell have an excellent reputation for safe helmets - I had one of their motorcycle helmets. This helmet was bought for my teenage daughter for cycling. The standard type of bicycle safety helmet is "weird" and she is not keen on wearing it. However this helmet looks more BMX or Skate Board style and the "critters" design on it makes it colourful and fun to look at.
The outside ABS plastic shell will be more robust than a standard cycling helmet.
Two thicknesses of the pads which stick on with velcro at side, front and rear are supplied to make it easy to change the size of head it will fit.
Also the shell comes down further down the back of the head and at the side over the temples so looks more protective than the standard size of bicycle helmet which seem to be mostly polystyrene padding.
2 people found this helpful
on 29 July 2013
I would strongly recommend this product. I have four sons and a partner with all different size and shaped heads and each of their Bell Faction helmets fit them perfectly - I even had to order my dad one and he's nearly 70!. The helmet comes with lots of padding which can be used either at the front, back or sides therefore, always ensuring a good and comfortable fit. It also looks good and the boys are happy to wear them as they look trendy and cool
This one was bought as a present for my son's friend who suffers from cerebral palsy and has recently had a life changing operation and can now ride a bike! I chose the matt gret colour as all his class mates signed the helmet and presented it to him. He was very pleased with it and put it straight on. His head measured 55cm and the small size 51cm to 56cm was perfect using some of the padding at the sides and front/
on 27 June 2013
Bought this for my 8yr old son to use with his scooter. His head measured at the bottom end of the range for this size helmet and to be honest it looks too big for him. However it does fit well, using the thick padding that is supplied.

The only downside we have found is that the nice matt paint on the helmet scratches very easily leaving white marks everywhere. Thats disappointing given that the look of this helmet is a major selling point.

Still, it functions fine and seems good quality hence 4*.
on 25 February 2014
I bought this as it was a plain, and simple looking helmet at a decent price. I didn't want a go-faster-stripe style helmet.

it fits well, is comfortable and doesn't cause my head to bake while I wear it - despite the lack of ventilation compared to some of the other helmets out there.

One thing I was not expecting was the subsequent snail-mail spam I got from Cycle Surgery.
Way to go guys, you just lost a customer.
on 22 February 2015
Nice helmet. Bought as other reviewers said its fine for younger kids too. Padding certainly will make it fit fine but they look like their head is twice as big as it really is... Not cool therefore kids reluctant to wear. Would rather buy a better size one they are happy to wear. Shame as nice helmet. No problems about returning it though
on 31 May 2013
We spent ages researching all types of helmets for our 4 & 7 year old boys, each time we came back to Bell, mostly for the styling but also the quality. Looks great on, we like the additional inner pads to adjust the fit, and the fact this helmet will last until early teens at the least. Perfect for scooting, skating or cycling. Would highly recommend to anyone wanting to invest in a quality but reasonable helmet. A+ :)
One person found this helpful
on 28 August 2012
Fast delivery and well packaged. Helmet is light and fits really well and secure, I purchased this as some friends have the same helmet and recommended it.

I like the white matt colour and a few people have commented they like the style and colour too.
on 1 March 2014
Brilliant - meets all criteria.....and matches the German Kalkoff pedelec bike....did the job when I fell off today and smacked a tree head on
on 8 June 2014
This is so good. No arguments from my 7yr old son to wear it as it's so wicked! It fits really well and seems very well made.
on 8 February 2014
I've had this helmet before & so good I had to get it again, great one for someone like me with a slightly larger head.