on 9 July 2012
This product is as described as 5 star and it is. I would recommend this ironing system to anybody it's great makes ironing so much simplier.
on 30 August 2012
I had this for 3 weeks. It started to leak like mad after that time,there is a phone number to ring
0845 658 9700
A very disinterested female told me the iron needed rescaling that's why it was leaking.
I de scaled it.
Same thing, I spoke to customer services again and suggest I de scale it again.

It's leaked like a sieve ever since and numerous calls to customer services( the clue should be in the name. Customer no service)
I still have an expensive piece of electrical junk sitting here.
I wouldn't buy this iron again or recommend it to a friend.

And
if their after sales service is to judge by ,another Russell Hobbs electrical item.
Yours a very disappointed

Stephen Shillitoe
on 19 October 2012
After 2 hours or using this brand new iron, lime scale started pouring out. This has ruined my lounge carpet and my duvet. I immediately contacted Spectrum Brands (parent company) and sent back the iron. Their engineer admitted it was terrible and should never have been sold, but Spectrum brands refuse to provide adequate compensation due to 'limited evidence'. Terrible customer service, avoid this product and indeed the Russell Hobbs Brand!!!
on 31 July 2013
This iron is good at ironing, in fact it does a great job of ironing all kinds of garments. It produces lots and lots of steam when required, there's a good long pipe between the steam generator and the iron, it's easy to use and it seems reasonably well made. On the minus side, the design of the plate means that you always need to be especially wary of little random spurts of steam even when the steam button is not depressed - though being careful with a hot iron seems wise in any case. Also, there is a consumable filter cartridge which needs replaced every few months and that is annoying. You should also think about Russell Hobbs customer service as experienced by other reviewers. I'm not sure how much Amazon are charging now but at the price they sold it to me, I see it as good value for money.
on 28 December 2013
A very good product giving me the satisfaction of well laundered laundry.
Eaey to operate and use with maintainence overcoming the very hard water in this area.
on 26 October 2013
Faulty iron....Sauna comes to mind,free facial,wallpaper stripper. Looking at feed back it is not a one off problem.Returned for refund
on 4 August 2013
I bought the 18491 less than a year ago. After using it 3 times, the 'replace limescale filter' light came on and it stopped working. I ordered a new limescale filter at £11.00 and within 2 more times of using the iron, the light came back on again. Admittedly we live in a hard water area but this unit is definitely not equipped to handle limescale. I made sure I pressed the self clean button regularly, bought ironing water and put in a third filter and got 6 ironing sessions out of it before the light came on a third time. I couldn't afford to change the limescale units as frequently as this so I went against the recommendations and used some limescale fluid in the tank to clean it through. This helped a lot and has kept me going for the last 6 months but the unit has now stopped working altogether, heats up but doesn't steam at all now. This was one of the more expensive offerings on the market and very disappointing. If you live in a hard water area, I'd do some extra research as these pieces of kit have intricate pipework inside.
on 11 February 2014
This is an absolutely awful product.

It's supposed to stop scale , but even after cleaning it as per instructions and changing the anti-calc cartridges, it spews out dirty grey water and stains clean clothes.

Contacted customer services and like other reviews say, they were clueless, sounded like a school leaver with no knowledge of irons or in fact life in general. Luckily Argos gave me a refund.

See Russell Hobbs' own site for even more reviews. To their credit they have added the bad reviews too.

Do not buy this product - it is useless!
on 16 June 2013
So much easier when the water is in the base and transferred to the iron. Ironing is much easier with this and highly recommend.
on 15 May 2014
A very light and easy to use steam iron, this is my second of its type very pleased. Thank you.