Customer reviews

Blackrock Mens SF43 Safety Wellingtons S5 SRC Black
Size: 12 UK|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 14 February 2016
These wellies are great, but as other reviews have said, they are a little on the big side. I'm a size 10 normally so went for a 9, and they are still a touch big, but nothing a thick pair of socks doesn't sort. and wearing a thick pair of socks isn't a bad idea to increase comfort.
Last point to note is they are not solid enough to stand open for you to slit your feet into. You need to hold the opening open to get them on. Not a big issue and I would certainly have no issues recommending these to anyone. Great value for what I paid, which was around the £10 mark. Great value.
on 11 July 2013
As other reviews have mentioned, these give a fairly large fit, which is a bonus for me - having found that some of the wellies on Amazon are a size or two smaller than they claim to be, it was very refreshing to find my size 14 feet fit into these size 13 boots with space to spare. Just one word of warning: steel toe caps can be very unforgiving if you accidentally kick a heavy object in slightly oversize boots, so thicker socks might be indicated! Aside from that they are comfortable with a good, solid feel.

On the downside, after just under three months' use the left boot has split in two places, so that water can run in by the toe and out at the heel, and the right is not far behind. To be fair, I am hard on boots - around 8 hours' wear per day, and more than the average flexing at the ankle due to crouching etc - but I have had other wellies in the same price range last longer. I suppose all that metal limits the flexibility.
on 8 December 2012
Ordered a size ten but they are way too big even with a few pairs of socks on, these wellies are on the large side.
on 17 September 2017
Had bought four different size boots for the family. They are all about two sizes too big even with thick socks. I would have given them 5 stars but just like other customers my left boot split along the line where you bend your foot. I complaint and was told they never have this problem which is obviously a lie!

A discount was offered but my reply was I want a left boot which doesn't leak!

After several weeks I got a replacement set so I am very thankful but there must be a manufacturing fault?

I bought these boots because of the steel toes etc as a previous pair of expensive Dunlops strung a leak!

In the decades I have worn Wellington boots I never had leaks I just grew out of them! Too much products are made in China and the manufacturing quality is rubbish.
on 20 October 2016
A more accurate sizing would definitely be a great idea. I ordered size 8 as i did know they were large fitting from reviews so had ordered a size smaller than I would for normal footwear but they are still massive I have 2 sets of insoles and have to wear 2 pairs of thick socks for them to fit. If I hadn't needed them immediately I'd have sent them back for a smaller size probably a size 7. I would definitely recommend buying 2 sizes down from your size and you'd still have room for thick socks to keep your feet warm.

On the positive side they seem to be a sturdy pair of boots.
on 15 February 2016
They will be ok for normal use, walking the dog, working around the garden, tight around my calf and just enough space for my foot with a decent wooly sock. Would not use for working on building site.
Mind you for £10.50 cannot expect the best wellies in the world, can one.
Packaging by Amazon was way over the top, anybody who knows anything about Lean & Green in the business world, would have had kittens, could have got 6 pairs and filling in the box it was that BIG.
on 7 March 2016
These are great boots for the price, feel well made and are fairly light for steel toe capped wellies! I sadly followed some other reviews and sized down when in reality I could have gone for my actual size, as they fit me well now but cause some pain on the top of my foot when walking due to the metal cap. I ended up sticking some extra in-soles in because otherwise you'd be walking on the rubber, and I didn't really wanted freezing AND painful boots while walking the dogs. They seem well made and I imagine for my casual use (45 mins a day) they'll last me a long time!
on 9 December 2016
Wide fit. I often need to buy size 10 to get my flippers shod, but size 9 in these wellies is fine, and that's with thick wool socks. Quite a heavy boot, but you quickly stop noticing that. They're slightly floppy, so you cant just drop your pedal extremities straight down into them. Perfectly comfy for stumping around the garden, should be fine for digging.
on 3 June 2016
Not the most comfy of wellies, with strange cavities in the bottom of the inside, but as they are more like an 8.5 than a 7, I just put a thick innersole inside, which made them a bit smaller and covered over the strange holes. Still plenty of room to wear thick socks in them in the winter. Not sure that I'd want to wear them for more than half an hour at a time.
on 29 February 2016
As previously mentioned these are on the large size and it would perhaps be advisable to get a size down from what one would normally order. But having said that these are excellent boots for the price and stood up well in the wet muddy ground work is was using them for. The only criticism, if one can call good tread a criticism, is the fact that such good tread will hold onto the mud and will increasing make the boots heavy under foot, akin to walking with lead boots on. But that may have more to do with the working environment and conditions I was using them in and I would undeniably recommend these.