Top positive review
21 people found this helpful
on 20 December 2011
I bought this to combat damp in a bedroom after having a major mould attack. Once the mould was cleaned up and the cause of the damp fixed I installed this dehumidifier and was sceptical about the results. However, within a day it had sucked 2litres of water out of the air and I have been emptying a litre a day from it ever since (it has now been in use about 3 weeks). I switch it on every morning when I get up and turn it off when I go to bed. There is never any condensation on the window now and there seems to be no sign of the mould returning. The unit is easy to empty, the filter is easy to change and the instructions provided are clear and concise.
I would recommend turning it off and leaving it for 5 minutes to allow all the water to drain into the reservoir before emptying it otherwise some spillage will be noticed as other reviewers have commented. Also, The unit does produce a moderate hum, but as the unit is in the bedroom and I turn it off over night I never really notice this. It may be more noticeable if the unit is being used in a room you occupy during the day, but it's a small price to pay for such a good overall unit.