At first glance this appears solid enough, with a 2 amp inline fuse to give the impression of electrical safety. However, the socket itself is flimsy and unsprung. Compare it with any cigarette lighter that comes pre-fitted to a vehicle, and you immediately see that this is unlikely to do the job consistently or, more to the point, safely.

Inspecting more closely, the connectors are not properly crimped, and the leads themselves are desperately thin even for a 2 amp connection.

Just no.
on 14 December 2013
This item would have been OK, but an alternative item was found after receiving it, which was more practical, so this is kept as a replacement in the event that the alternative item goes faulty.
on 11 August 2012
Bought it to fit to my Golf trolley battery so I can power my Golf GPS when I forget to recharge it.
on 26 June 2017
Cheep and fit for purpose
on 31 May 2013
The battery connectors are neither crimped nor soldered to the wire, the cover just slide on and off, not providing waterproofing. The battery connectors did not stay attached for long enough to complete fitting, which is a relief as I was about to make a 200 mile journey in terrible rain.

The product is not fit for purpose nor manufactured to a sufficiently high standard.
on 7 August 2013
nice long lead, cheap tatty socket with a poorly fitting cap that would be splash proof at best.
Useless for the job as I have to use electrical tape to hold all 12v plugs I have tried in the socket otherwise they spring out and lose contact with the end terminal.
on 6 June 2012
Simple to hook up to the battery of my Triumph. As I am storing the connector under the seat the wire is plenty long enough. Couple this with a 'GIVI S850 GPS / SAT NAV UNIVERSAL WATERPROOF HOLDER' and use the sat nav from the car or a smart phone. A whole lot more cheaper than a dedicated motorbike sat nav.
No issues at all. I will update this if anything changes.
on 21 April 2012
Takes minutes to install and works well. Using it to charge my galaxy S2 when im on the bike meaning i dont have to worry about the phone running out of power. would recommend
on 28 May 2014
As mentioned in my review for Mini USB Right Angle Adaptor, Used this to connect power to my Sat Nav. After 30 miles, Sat Nav kept powering up as in some sort of "loop" Decided to purchase 12V Lead from Rider Mount with Voltage Regulator, these are supposed to be 100% reliable, As yet I haven't connected it to Motorcycle Battery to test and use. Therefore awarded 3 stars! Not sure what the problem is with my Garmin, uses the same lead as in the car so I know its the same and it doesn't "Cycle" on/off when fitted in the vehicle. Will keep to charge mobile phone up if required. Also this took about 3 weeks to arrive! So not good on that score.
on 3 September 2012
Just have to point out that the wire is too short, they should be aware of this detail, since not all bikes have a battery near the front of the bike