on 20 October 2013
To be quite honest I was really disappointed with this.

After trying other 15KG bags of dry food from Amazon (Dr Johns, Arkwrights), I thought I'd try Wagg.

I did my homework first (as I always do), reading other reviews and even visited Wagg's Website etc.

I was going to choose the regular Wagg but so glad I didn't if this is the standard for PREMIUM.

Premium what? Premium lies and deception. It is "pea-sized" food (same as puppy food) and it is super dry.

I know its dry dog food, but when I say dry, I mean DRY. All this basted in meats fats etc I would accuse to be lies.

I have bought St Johns which is basted in chicken juices and the biscuits are greasy to the touch.

This is the most "cardboard and sawdust" blended biscuits you have ever seen or felt.

I felt that I had been evil to my dog providing this to eat after previously having Dr Johns and Arkwrights etc.

I expected to be going forward after reading reviews and checking Wagg's Website and picking the "Premium" bag.

Sadly I have nothing good to say for it. Its all brown biscuits with 1 in a million white or green biscuits.

I guess the white biscuit is the "rice" and the green biscuit is the "pea"? What a complete and utter con.

If Wagg made a 15KG pie and filled it completely full of apple and just half a blackberry, that's an Apple and Blackberry pie.

Never will I buy another Wagg product based on the fact they lie to the extreme about the ingredients and quality.
33 Comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 12 November 2014
I fed my dog Wagg for a couple of years, until recently he started to get dry skin and patches of missing fur. I would discourage anyone feeding their animal Wagg. Originally I fed this product because of all the product claims on the packaging. I should of know better, there is a saying ' you get what you pay for' and this is so true of this brand. Search around your local pet shops and research online. Dog foods have become much reserached over the last few years. Natural foods and hypo-allergenic foods have come about because of the cheap bulking ingredients used in cheap foods. The first listed ingredient in Wagg is cereal. This is a cheap bulk ingredient which has no place in a dogs diet and contains very little goodness. Many dogs also have allergies to cereals and grains and a dogs health can suffer over the long term. As for the other product claims, the miniscule amounts that need to be included in a product are so tiny its questionable if they are of any benefit over a prolonged period.

Wagg is cheap and as someone on a limted budget myself this is what originaly attracted me to it in my local supermarket. However, recently having changed my dogs diet to a more natural food researched for dogs I would appeal to everyone to care more for their dog. Dont go for convenience and what is cheap as you're not doing your best friend any good. Good quality foods dont cost a great deal more and you often find that with beter quality foods you dont feed as much as the body actually makes use of the goodness rather that rejecting what it doesnt like.

From 8 weeks ago I have fed a cereal and grain free food to my dog. The difference in him has been remakable. His fur all over has become so much thicker and its so shiny. His eyes are brighter and he seems even more alert. Above all of this though he seems more content and not so highly strung.

Consider what is the best for your dog and also research if your breed of dog has any specific nutritional requirements!
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 1 November 2017
Good stuff thank you.
on 16 May 2015
This is the second dog I've had that Wagg Food really suits their digestion and service excellent.
review image
on 14 January 2016
Considering this is in the cheap range for dried dog food it goes down well with my dogs.
They are super keen on chicken as opposed to beef dog food.
I don't buy Wagg all the time as I like to change foods and varieties according to finances but also so the dogs get different foods.
Can't think of anything more boring than having the same food every day.
Definitely a winner with my two.
on 7 April 2015
I was dubious getting this at first due to the 'budget' brand association. I now see this as excellent value. We've had our two large, long haired german shepherds on much more expensive foods such as beta, Arden grange and Markus muhle. We thought we'd try the wagg cos we now also have 2 children and can't spoil our dog babies as much as we used to. We tried the plain wagg and even a beef one, but this premium version seems to be much more gentle on their tummies. Our dogs now have consistently solid poos, lovely lush coats, no plaque and good energy levels. Great value for money and wouldn't bother with the more advertised 'premium' products that are usually too rich anyway. Thanks wagg :) 2 happy dogs here!
on 8 November 2015
I think this is the best wagg dog food, yet the last few times I have been unable to purchase it. My dog has a sensitive stomach and this food was a dream. Even stopped the smelly farts.
on 25 June 2015
For some reason my doggies love this over the normal one, and I can tell myself that it smells a little better than the standard mix. For whatever reason that is it's still an amazing product! I only ever buy wagg for my dogs and they love it, their fur is healthy and they are healthy so I have no complaints thus far for this!
on 18 October 2015
Dogs love it.. I've not tried it personally. Our five year old did for a dare and said it wasn't too bad!
on 24 September 2015
My dogs love this food and I like the fact that it contains no artificial colours or flavours.

See one answered question