Customer reviews

on 20 August 2011
Following on from Chase and Status and Magtenic Man, this is another awesome album in the "Dubstep" style. The mish mash of sounds and variety of tunes is fantastic. I love it.
on 23 August 2011
Ever since hearing Zane Lowe play Me & You at the beginning of this year, I've been waiting for this album to be released and it doesn't disappoint. The thing that really strikes me after listening to the album a few times is the quality of the production. Far better than I was expecting. The problem with some dubstep is the seemingly increasing need to play the bass so loud and so distorted that you lose the rest of the track. Mediocre dubstep then tends to be a bit one dimensional and this album has avoided falling into this trap. I dare say that die hard dupstep fans might not like this album and will say it is too mainstream but that's what happens when recognition comes your way.

At the moment, my favourite track would have to be "In The Way". There are a couple which feel like fillers to me which is why it gets 4 out of 5 but don't let that put you off.
on 19 September 2011
Without a doubt by far the best dance album i have purchased in a long time! Loved the singles but was not so sure that the album would live up to expectations however it is outstanding. This will become one of the cult dance classic albums of our time.
on 20 November 2011
Bloody brilliant, I love it from start to finish.

I thought I miss out the dubstep sound, more of a hard trance kinda person. This however blew me away.

Must buy.
on 4 November 2011
I heard Nero's number 1 single "Promises" on the radio one morning and instantly fell in love with it. Flicking through the music channels one day I was watching a great video with some vibrant electrical vibes making me nod my head in a way that must have been very embarrassing but I didn't care as the song was so good. Finding out that it was "Guilt" by Nero I decided to buy the album and was certainly not disappointed.

All the elements that make those two singles brilliant are contained in all 14 tracks on their debut album. The electrical positives, the powers contained with the dancing electrical rhythms are simply outstanding.

The track "Scorpions" has one of the best baseline rhythms you will ever hear. "Promises" has its powerful lyrics matching pitch perfect with the positive tuning.

All tunes follow similar patterns which some people may find annoying or repetitive. Me personally I found a uniqueness in each of the songs and have been listening to all the tracks consistently for a few nights on the run now.

All songs are uplifting positive churning crackers that I would certainly recommend listening to and definitely purchasing.
on 13 January 2012
I listen to or will listen to pretty much anything from Frank Sinatra, Metallica to snipets of Opera (thank you Smallville). However, had anyone mentioned Dub Step to me, I'd have raised an eyebrow a-la Roger Moore as Bond. Dub Step you say? I think not.

Then I heard 'Guilt' on one of the music channels on TV. This I liked, alot. So much I bumbled onto Amazon and bought the MP3. Several more releases have since made their way on to TV. These are also very good. These tracks from Nero seem to find a way of really getting under your skin and into your chest. You just want to get up and move.

The creation of the music is quite complex and knowing when to add sounds, change pitch etc seems to be an art that Nero have nailed.
When I first heard snipets of the album via the sampler on Amazon MP3 page I wasn't sure about it. Having since bought the CD mainly for a few tracks I've got to like it as whole, much more.

I do feel there are a few fillers but then this could just be down to my taste.

Final words - just go an buy it.
on 16 September 2011
I'll start by saying it was NERO that got me into dubstep with the release of "Innocence" back in 2010. Even though there aren't any tracks on the album which are similar its still amazing and have listened to it right through many times.

Many of the songs are a different take on dubstep, they have a very distinct sound and style which is very catchy. Doomsday gets the album off to a real bang and other tracks like "Fugue State" and "Scorpions" have a heavier feel to them.

Other than the tracks on the album which have already been released as singles (Promises, Guilt, Me & You and Innocence) Songs like "My Eyes" and "Reaching Out" have a slower pace to them yet still have great energy and are quite brilliant. "Crush on You" and "Must be the Feeling"have a very dance/disco feel to them and will almost certainly make you want to get up and dance!

All in all a very good album, not quite a 5 star, but still definately worth buying!
on 3 January 2012
I like the variety of the tracks, first and foremost. From the ambient Innocence to the cinematic Departure, and the bouncy Must Be The Feeling, there's a bit of everything without departing from the dubstep basics. It's not an album that you play at a party, or show off to your friends (save for the hit singles like Promises, Guilt and Reaching Out). But it's fun to immerse yourself in it. There's a sense of atmosphere in most of the songs that takes off really well. Good for daydreaming.

There are a couple misses along with the hits though. I'm happy to listen to all of the tracks except for Doomsday and Fugue State. I'm not THAT into grime or drum and bass to enjoy them, yet they're not quite enough for the 'hardcore' fans of the genres to enjoy them either. An attempt at middle ground that didn't work out, in my opinion. However the rest of the album is worth the purchase, if you like something a little different.
on 16 September 2011
Although there are real touches of class on the Magnetic Man album, Nero have blown them away with "Welcome Reality". Every track is well crafted and knows its place. The pop music cuts across some wide lines, through the introduction to dubstep, and straight to the Kung-Fu. While the industrial strength tracks are diverse enough to stop them sounding dragged out, or boring.

I wouldn't expect any Chris De Burgh fans too like any part off it, and I get the impression these guys took the ending of Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure far to seriously - but for a high octane rollercoaster produced by one group, in a genre that's growing fast, this awesome album sets the bar. Well Done!
on 15 October 2013
File under "Rich Kids" "Trustafarians" "Daddy's Little Princess." "Notting Hill." "Beach Blanket Babylon." "Fortnams" "Harrod" "Family Trust" "Boutique" "BMW" "Church's Brogues"