Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: CLASSIC|Change
Price:£1.88+ Free shipping

on 16 October 2014
Not much experience with these things but the old dying starter was taking approaching 10 seconds to start the neon light and this one is taking about 1 second which is obviously a vast improvement. In my case it's replacing an Osram ST111 starter which is plugged into an Osram Lumilux 58w neon tube. Works fine.
Only criticisms I can make are cosmetic ones - neither the packaging nor the product match that displayed in the photo. Nevertheless, they do appear to be branded Philips S10 starters and as they work well I have no reason to believe they're not, so I'm only mentioning it so that prospective buyers know what they're getting.
But like I say they work well and for the money appear to be a bargain. I just think the photo should always match the product when goods are sold online so they're missing a trick here.

Edit: 03/09/15: first of the starters still going strong a year later. It may have slowed a bit but nothing worth mentioning really
on 8 February 2014
I had just replaced my 1500mm flourescent tube and put in a new starter (a good brand) but the tube was slow to start. I bought these Philips starters to replace my stock and decided to try one. The tube now starts quickly every time without a flicker.
on 10 April 2015
Thought the tube had gone but it turned out to be the starter. The new starter sorted the problem. Will definitely try a new starter in future as it is by far the cheaper option. Pleased with purchase from The Lightbulb Company. Have reordered to keep as spares. Recommended.
on 24 May 2016
i love the noise these make when they're starting the light. Much nicer than the old one which sort of went phtang phtang dong. These new Philips ones have a nice schtong schtong then the light comes on without the incessant dong.
on 8 April 2014
Product arrived very quickly and is working fine. I suppose the key is how long they last but presumably the starters outlast the tube anyway. Manufacturer recommends changing the starter and tube together and it was the tube that had gone. Does seem a slightly longer delay between switching on and the light coming on than was previously the case.
on 13 July 2015
Didn't come in a retail pack as illustrated so I was a bit wary but they seem very good. 24" Tubes (for aquariums) were replaced at same time and the starters strike just about instantly with no hesitancy. That and I long life is all you can ask for, really.
on 27 June 2015
what can I say "fluorescent light starters that start fluorescent lights" they work . I will say they where the cheapest I could find,
Be aware they do not arrive in the packaging displayed but this is not an issue as I have the philosophy that no needless packaging means no needless waste . very happy...
on 2 April 2016
Not much you can say about these but they do the job they are designed to do! :)

I bought these as the lights in my house that use starter motors were starting to take a while to turn on and giving the starter motors a twist would cause the light to come on right away (sure sign that the starter motor needed replacing). After buying these and replacing the old ones the lights now come on instantly and without issues.
on 15 January 2014
They come supplied loose in a bag, not in the retail packaging as shown in the picture, making me wary that they maybe Chinese fakes. Only time will tell if they last or konk out in a couple of months.
On the bright side, they're cheap and delivery is super fast
on 17 August 2013
After trying other products this one finally worked. It took some time to get it going every time but I think this was mainly because we probably didn't connect it correctly. It is working every time now.