Customer reviews

Colour: 20cm / 2.9L Round Cream|Change
Price:£39.00+ Free shipping

on 24 July 2012
This casserole arrived in record quick time and was very well packaged. Initially I was disappointed to find a little chip in the enamel on the inside of the lid but this has quickly been forgotten. This is my first experience of using cast iron cooking pots as they have always seemed so expensive and I feared the cheaper models would not be as good. Rest assured, this one is super to use both on the hob and in the oven and is so easy to clean, even after a couple of hours in the oven - no need to use the dishwasher. I am now retired but if I was young and setting up my first home, I would invest in a set of these pans and forget about stainless steel saucepans. It is so great to be able to start the recipe off on the hob and then put it straight into the oven where very low heat keeps it simmering gently. Much more efficient than using Pyrex casserole dishes. Wish I had discovered these years ago, (at this price), but I only remember seeing the ultra expensive Le Creuset cooking pots which were way beyond my budget.
on 11 February 2016
You really don't need to spend the extra cash on well known French version...this is GOOD!
on 9 June 2017
Just top quality. Absolutely brilliant. Exactly what I was looking for.
on 8 June 2017
used a few times now and it is really good, the quality of the cast is up there with the more expensive cast pans, wipes clean when washing, could not ask for more really. it does it the job well
on 5 January 2016
The product arrived promptly and was well packaged. I would defo buy from this seller again as I've had no problems and the process went smoothly and was as described. The casserole dish is fab, with even cooking, nothing sticking to the bottom or sides and so easy to clean. The food is lovely and tender. It's been on the gas hob, in the oven, in the sink and dishwasher. I had considered paying over the odds for another brand from across the Channel but I couldn't justify it and I'm so glad I didn't because my ProCook does everything the other could but for so much less expense.
on 9 January 2016
I bought this in the sale at a very good price and have used it a number of times now. I love the fact that you can use it on the hob and then put it in the oven. It is heavy, but the advantage of the cast iron is that it holds the heat, so is also a great serving dish for chilli in a buffet. The only slight downside is that you have to treat the rim of the dish with oil after washing is so that it does not rust. It says this in the instructions, I just need to make sure I remember ....
on 8 August 2017
This is an attractive pot and feels very heavy duty. It worked well for a while but then the enamel at the bottom started chipping off. It's not safe to cook with anymore so unfortunately it's going on the bin.
on 12 March 2013
This pot is every bit as good as that of a more commercially well-known make but considerably cheaper. Can be used on the hob as well as oven & looks good on the table.

Delivery & packaging really good. Recommended
on 28 October 2012
I realised I didn't have any quality casserole dishes that could be used on the hob and transferred straight into the oven. I started looking around at those very expensive branded makes and came across these by accident. Reading the reviews everything seemed to be positive and there was a special deal in too. I brought myself three different sizes from this range for less than the price of one of the branded ones. I have used this three times now and love it. It a doddle to clean and I am really pleased with it. I would definitly recommend to any budding casserole chef.
on 13 June 2015
Great caserole dish - searched everywhere for a hob to oven dish and this is ideal. Great size for making meals for 2-4 people. First recipe I tried was risotto, browning bacon, onion etc on hob, adding rice and then cooking in oven - result was amazing. Beautifully cooked rice, retaining moisture - so much better than when I have tried this recipe on hob alone!