on 10 January 2014
When starting this DVD, I knew the alphabet (mostly) and that is all. I've got to the end of the first DVD and can now remember everything on it (apart from the words to I can sing a rainbow! I can sign them, but I can't remember the lyrics to the middle bit!). Colin is an engaging teacher. Although some of the signing is very fast, I have replayed the DVD many times and am getting the hang of it. Practice makes perfect. I will hopefully be starting the BSL Level 1 course very soon and I believe going through these DVDs will give me a head start in terms of speed and understanding. I'm hoping to go on and be a teacher or classroom assistant, and this has really helped me feel that I could actually be able to do it. Many thanks to Colin and his student Sarah on what is an excellent DVD.
on 29 March 2017
Absolutely fantastic! Bought for me by my husband along with the Level 2 BSL DVD box set. Gives lots of clarification, helps make sense of things like placement and provides a huge vocabulary for you to learn, along with teaching fingerspelling fluency.
Customer service is outstanding! I cannot recommend these highly enough!
on 1 June 2017
Good delivery, my first step in bsl, helpful, do go a bit quick, but otherwise good.
on 6 June 2015
Great to learn a "new language" set of 3 dvds sign language with subtitles no sound on them learn basics once learned you may wish to go for further information/training from local college.
on 3 November 2013
Interesting that the two signers use different hands, ie one is right handed and the other is left handed. That is useful. It's easy to look at different subjects and very helpful for practice for level 1.
on 27 May 2017
I'm yet to watch this but I'm sure I all find it very helpful.
on 28 March 2017
Easier to learn from than books.
Have been using it between classes.
Good price and fast delivery.
on 16 August 2017
Excellent,easy to follow
on 23 April 2017
I found it difficult to keep up with some of the signing conversations. Otherwise it's a very good DVD.
on 2 August 2013
I was very impressed with the order, as I received my parcel the next day. However being someone who had no experience with sign language and wanted to learn I found it far to quick and very hard to follow. Reading the subtitles and trying to catch what they were signing was too difficult. I have found myself being in a position of still not knowing any sign language and having a DVD that is not useful to me in anyway.

See one answered question