Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Best of 2017 Shop now Shop now

Customer reviews

Animal Attraction (UK version)
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 27 April 2012
First heard these guys when they were supporting Black Veil Brides in Wolverhampton. They are energetic, fun and great musicians . If you love 80's rock like me you will love these guys, really upbeat and it puts you in a great singalong mood.
on 28 June 2015
I love 80's rock so after seeing this band's videos on You Tube, I purchased the album. What can I say - its great, feel good rock n roll, which makes you smile for a long time after, especially the infectious melodies ringing in your ears. Tinges of my fave yesteryear bands such as Van Halen, Motley Crüe and Def Leppard are inherent in this band's music, but a modern feel is there, making it not too retro. The singer has got great range and is charismatic, and the guitar player matches the 80's maestros of yesteryear. Yes, it's slightly poppy but that doesnt deter it from its aim, and that's to rock you to the bone. I love Dance with its sultry chorus - definitely would be a number one club song if played - title song, Fantasy, Switchblade Babe, Dirty Dreams and my fave On the Radio -o -o. It's great to turn it up while you're cruisin' in your Ferrari GTS, or any other kind of car.
on 12 January 2012
I saw and heard this band for the first time at Hard Rock Hell V. And they blew me away! So bought both their cds pronto and I was not disappointed! No fillers on this album, just brilliant, sleeze, 80s feelgood rock from start to finish. Hard to find a favourite track, love them all, but Born to Break Your Heart is a cracker and Dirty Dreams and the anthemic Young and Crazy is definatly up there. You can hear so many bands that have influenced them, through the abum. Def Leppard, Bon Jovi (early Jovi), Ratt, oh I can go on and on, but not to say these tracks aren't fresh , because they are, you just get hints of these bands. The singers range is amazing, he's got the cheeky, flirty, downright sexy act down to a t. Dave Lee Roth, but better looking lol. Drum and bass are amazing, thumping gotta get up and dance beats! And guitar is simply fantastic. You do feel good after you listend to this cd. What more can you ask for???
on 21 October 2012
Something totally different to what I'm normally to listen to which is electro, synthpop. My brother is into this scene and he has seen Reckless Love around three times now and I joined him on the last one in a great live set in Leeds. I've checked out both albums which I'm growing to like. They are trying harder with this second album to hit the big time with big anthems like Animal Attraction and Hot etc. With so much manufactured pop out there. Reckless Love has given me hope that Glam Metal is a much needed relief.
They have a charismatic frontman similar to big 80's bands like Def Leppard and Van Halen. Their live work too is something else with some full on solo work which draw you into the electric atmosphere they put into it. It's a great album throughout just what the UK needs in the charts.
on 23 February 2012
Ok, so I got the first album as I stumbled across them on Youtube in 2010, since then I have seen them 3 times and they kick ass! I loved their first album which was a little all over the place in terms of having Rock, Poprock, Glam metal and even an 80's ballad. This album is a bit slicker, they seem to have found where they want to go with their music whilst still making you feel you have a nice mix of everything. "On The Radio" is one of my faves, a great guitar solo and a great drum bass with a key change at the end making you wanna turn that dial up! "Animal Attraction" is dirty and sexy with an awesome riff. "Born To Break Your Heart" and "Dirty Dreams" beg for you to sing along with a great 80's rock sound and "Hot" is a pop rock anthem that was like a soundtrack to my Summer....last but not least...Olli Herman...his vocal range is amazing, he actually sounds different in some songs and is the perfect frontman for this up and coming band. The good people at Download have recognised this so If you wanna check these guys out in person get yourself to Donnington August 2012...see you there!
on 24 September 2016
This follow up to the self titled album mixes up the sound a little and begins to showcase Reckless Love as an independent band that are more than an imitation of their inspirations.

Songs like Hot and on the Radio offer a more pop orientated sound, but it still hits the right notes with regards to the guitar driven style.

As is the case with any great Hair Metal inspired band, it wouldn't be complete without a good ballad and fortunately they deliver with 'Fantasy'.

I feel very fortunate to have come across this band. I've longed for a Hair Metal band that have a great lively sound and actually exist and can be seen live. I waited a good length of time to post the review though as I had only just seen them live (4 days after discovering them, whoop whoop), but not it's been half a year plus and I still love their sound and the flow of the album.
on 20 April 2012
Usual cliche, I never write reviews. However here I go...
You won't find anything groundbreaking here, what you will find is the best 80's cockrock album I've heard.

Obvious influences are BJB, Def Leppard and Mötley Crüe, but these songs are infused with an obvious love and respect of the genre making songs like Animal Attraction and Hot instantly accessible and bloomin' catchy!

Nailing every hair metal cliche, right down to the power-fist clench on ballad Fantasy, galloping solos on Born To Break Your Heart to the daft lyrics of the supremely fun single On The Radio.

In summing up, if you are even remotely interested in the genre this is a must have.
on 14 November 2012
I loved this album took me back to my 80's metal!! Ollie is an amazing front man, and the rest of the band are very good too, i highly recommend this album :)
on 10 November 2012
Love this band, and they sound great on this, but the highlights (Animal Attraction, Hot, On The Radio, Born To Break Your Heart, perhaps Fantasy) unfortunately outshine the rest of the songs. Bizarrely, the bonus track Young & Crazy is also a highlight. The end result is an album that starts off well and then loses its way a little. Not bad, just not great.
on 30 September 2014
Just a phenomenal album. Track after track of out and out rock and roll. You find yourself singing along to most tracks and getting strange looks at traffic lights when bouncing around in the car screaming "hot Hot Hotter than Heeeelllll!!! " My album of the year.