on 17 August 2012
Have just returned from holiday having used my new camera. Am really pleased with the results and the versitility in changing the images you have taken in the camera. Am only an amatuer, point and shoot, but will be progressing with this camera with all its easy to use features.
on 4 December 2012
This is a great camera: the HD films are excellent and the zoom really does the business. However, watch out as some sellers ship from Europe so you get a European adapter rather than a 3-pin UK adapter. It is easy enough to swap over as the USB port just pulls out of the adapter and then you can stick in it a UK one. But it is just a bit frustrating if you get the camera and then can't charge it up and use it instantly!
on 7 December 2016
great
on 14 July 2014
Taks Gr8t pics
One person found this helpful
on 14 September 2012
I have been taking photographs for close on 50 years and class my skill level as 'experienced enthusiast.'
My main cameras are both Sony. The exellent HX20 compact and my fabulous a77 DSLR.
I bought the Samsung WB750 purely for work. I'm a Building Contractor and needed a cheap camera to record stills and video for client and marketing use. I didn't want to risk any damage to my far more expensive cameras.
The WB750 has a really fast start up time (faster than both my Sony's) and the zoom works quietly and smoothly.
The autofocus does tend to hunt a little towards full zoom but this is common to most high X zoom compact and zoom lenses but the shots come out sharp and contrasty and with true colour production with or without flash.
Having the ability to take still images while in movie mode is a nice touch and in practice this works very well.
At a maximum of 12.5m pixels this camera seems to left far behind more recent cameras (my HX20V is 18.2m) but i have A2 size photographs which are extremely sharp taken with an 8m camera so no problem there.
Since buying the camera just a few days ago I've really put it through it's paces having taken in excess of 200 photographs and about 10 minutes of video (full HD). All this has been uploaded on to my laptop and I've also viewed the video on my 40inch TV. The results have been exceptionally good and I have no complaints about any aspect of this camera.
Finally, memory cards. I always use Sandisk Extreme and have put a 16gb 45mb/s class 10 into this camera. Amazon are selling these at just over £10 at the moment, a real bargain for such speed and performance.
I've obviously had a tendency to compare the Samsung to my HX20V and it really does come out pretty well against it (I paid £240 for th Sony and less than £100 for the Samsung). The Sony has more user control and in my mind is a more robust camera but for the job I bought the Samsung to do it really does it very well. 5 stars.
5 people found this helpful
on 12 September 2012
The 18x zoom is amazing - I bought it for the Paralympics after losing my camera a week before. I wasn't disappointed. Wide angle photos were excellent. The zoom function is the best I have ever seen on a compact camera and made me glad I lost my Panasonic 8x zoom camera. There are a huge amount of features on this camera and it will take me time to learn how to use them all. I felt it handled well. While slightly heavier than my old camera, it is a lot easier to use than my old one that had a touchscreen on the back. I have arthritis in both hands and found this camera easy to use. Also, it takes photos while recording video. I was really pleased with the video because the quality was as good as my HD camcorder and unlike many digital cameras, once you have zoomed the lens, and then pressed record, you cannot change the zooming in mid-recording. With this camera you can. I had a good play around with it in Jessops in Southend and decided to buy it. Battery life was a lot better than I expected too - much more than I usually get on compact cameras (Panasonic and Nikon). This camera takes as good photos as with bridging cameras. I am very, very pleased with it and I rate it the best compact I have ever bought (been using digital compacts and bridging cameras since 2003). The panoramic function is superb. Also, it copes extremely well, far better than I expected in situations where there was a lot of contrast between light and dark in the same picture. It seems to do really well with complex light situations. It also coped very well with low light, without loss of quality. I ended up with a superb shot of Oscar Pistorius victorious on the track. My dream camera would be a digital SLR camera. Not any more. I would definitely buy another Samsung but going to mark this one so it can be handed in if lost. This is a fantastic camera for the price. You can pay double for a camera with comparative features. One friend has already commented on the sharpness. Oh by the way, do use a high speed SD card - Class 10 or more -San Disk Extreme is very good - that helps too. This has now come down in price to around £10 for a 16GB extreme card and I have used 2 of those - super results. Battery life lasted all evening up to next morning and I had expected the battery to go mid evening, but it didn't. I like to have a camera with me all the time - I don't like the picture quality from mobile phone cameras and prefer a stand alone. The Samsung WB750 is BRILLIANT.
7 people found this helpful
on 19 January 2012
This is a truly fabulous camera. It has 18x optical zoom, very few compacts can beat that. It has full manual options for the more advanced photographers and Smart Auto which detects the best settings for the least advanced users. It also has in camera photo editing and a number of fun features such as photo templates and creative movie maker. And one of its most awesome features is the ability to take pictures whilst making a video. Perfect camera to take to your child's recital, no longer will you need to bring one camera to take pictures and another for videos.

Picture quality is excellent, don't know what all the fuss is about.
19 people found this helpful
on 17 July 2013
I do a lot of hill walking and that's where I take nearly all of my snaps.
The features that appealed to me were: The small convenient size, great zoom, panorama mode, reasonably wide angle lens, HD video, up to 10fps drive, auto and full manual settings, video and shoot at the same time, dual IS etc etc etc.
The Samsung image download s/w for PC is pretty woeful (I just drag and drop images manually).
Image quality is not as good as my previous Canon SX cameras, but it's not too far off and there are so many other benefits.
I'm not a fan of proprietary batteries (I much prefer AA as I always carry spares).
It is basically a hot throwaway at the price I paid (which was a lot less than it is here). If it gets damaged (as some of my other cameras have) then it's not the end of the world.
I would like to see a viewfinder, but no compact cameras seem to have them these days.
I would probably have given it 4 stars, but feel I have to help make amends for that ridiculous 1 star review.
One person found this helpful
on 23 November 2012
This camera is good though it does not have everything (no GPS, input mic jack etc). Hey it is now sold at a great price. However, the price is £99 in Jessops so the seller on Amazon should wake up and take notice of that.
on 10 August 2012
I've found this camera to be good with a great zoom lens. You can manually adjust the settings and the panoramic setting is good.

See one answered question