on 18 June 2012
I don't even know why someone gave Webroot a 1 star in their review (If you can call it a review). I've been using this software for 4 years and never had any viruses while using this, where as other software such as Norton for me let viruses in rather than dealing with them like a antivirus should.

As for the one star review, I've always had good customer service with them, you can contact them via phone, open a support ticket or even contact them via their facebook page.

Back to the software. Webroot SecureAnyWhere essentials 2012 installs within 5 minutes (yes its THAT fast) and scans within 2-3 minutes as stated on the case it comes in which I'm pleased with, I hate waiting for 60 minutes are more using slow antivirus software to find one virus and then delete it from your system. The software is small and compact so its not a large file that will bung up your computer and slow it down. I can easily do a scan, use my browser and use yahoo messenger smoothly without them crashing as it nicely works in the background.

The price, I paid £15.57 for this and well worth the money and I think its fairly cheap compared to other software and other brands of antivirus software. Only downside I do have for this is that it doesn't protect you when using online banking and shopping which is in the complete one.

When my next year is up, this is the ONLY one I will use for my computers now and hopefully I use it as more years to come.
on 28 March 2012
The product: how can Joe Computeruser review an antivirus product? If we have no problems, does that mean the antivirus is doing a great job; or there are no problems for the antivirus to deal with; or our computer is full of infection but we just don't know it? Hence the "maybe" in the title.

From wide reading of professional reviews, my impression is there are a lot of AV products that do a perfectly adequate job and this is one of them. It is not even near the top of the league, but that is like a group of Olympic swimmers coming in with times of 49.37, 49.39, 49.52 etc - all excellent, just some not quite as excellent as others.

All I can confirm from personal knowledge is that scan times are truly spectacularly fast and I am aware of no problems, so it does seem to do its job.

The company: my subscription is coming to an end, so I have got a 30 day reminder inviting me to renew at £39.95. Given that the product is widely available for a vastly lower price, I think this an abuse of existing customers - we ought to be offered a discount, not a premium! To my mind, if there's an integrity issue with the company, that might well extend to the integrity of the product, so I'll probably not renew.

I might go back to ESET NOD32. This has slipped down the rankings lately, but the company's integrity is above question: I once had a computer pack in just a month after I'd renewed my sub, which normally would mean the sub was lost, but ESET were happy for it to be transferred to the new machine.

I'm also thinking about Bitdefender, which is inexpensive but reviewed as one of the top products on the market.
on 27 December 2012
This is great security software and easy to use. I have had it for several years and better than the other big brands I have tried. If you have a few PC's and Laptops, then this is a good price deal too.
on 10 August 2013
I love Webroot security, unlike Kaspersky, I find it so easy to use! !!
When I received my purchase it said on the case 'not to be sold separately'.
So i contacted the seller, who kindly responded by reassuring me that it perfectly o.k.
And true to his word. ....it has been a gem!
Buy it!
on 16 June 2013
Get it; good value - cost me around £10 for a new CD six months ago, for up to 3 computers for a year. My previous AV provider (Eset) asked £30+ per year for one computer, even to long-established customers. That and the delay at boot, and a few glitches here and there decided me for a change. Webroot Secure Anywhere does what it says without any fuss or requiring intervention; protects you 100% 24/7 from bad sites on the web,bad downloads, phishing, etc, checks cd's, constantly monitors for system security and deals with any baddies it finds instantly. Can't ask much more. Thoroughly recommend it. Cloud security wins hands down over traditional. No problem if you have to reinstall after changing the hard drive either as it has all your details online. When you boot up first thing in the morning you get a little pop up to tell you you are secure, the Webroot icon will be hidden by default in Windows, but you can enable it to stay on the taskbar by customizing the taskbar (Start and r-click to access Properties). Right-clicking on the Webroot icon will give you a menu with several action options. If you click on 'View Status' a new window pops up and you can see exactly what it has done, and what it is currently doing.There are tabs and links you can access to go further, tools to use, or go to your web account for storage or help etc. The only other security I use on here is the paid version of Malwarebytes Antimalware ( I turn Defender off), and really I am not sure I even need that - but it doesn't hurt to have it. Being a computer nerd and hobbyist, I regularly get folk who know me asking if I will mend their broken or infected computers, and most of them use some form of free AV/antispyware, which,probably because of user laziness, has let them down or is not up to the job, especially in respect of bad websites. I recommend to them all that they get Webroots in future - make their computer experience (and mine) that much smoother. In fact, that is why I am on here today, to check the price on Amazon for my latest 'customer'....
on 24 July 2012
Have used Webroot for just over a year. Quick & easy to install & operates with minimal interference/slowing of computer. Much cheaper to buy new online each year, instead of renewing via Webroot 'offer' that comes through, so take the few extra minutes & buy via Amazon each year. I just use on PCs, not mobile, so cheapest version is fine for me & covers all PCs in hous.
on 25 September 2012
I have been a webroot customer for 5 years, i used to use window washer but webroot discontinued it this year, so i decided to start using their secure anywhere software, i was well pleased with it the speed of scan was amazing it scanned all the files on my comp in under 4 mins, it has secure file deletion whice i find useful, it takes up hardly any space on the hardrive either, i would recommend this product to anyone that was a good anti virus program
on 15 April 2012
this webroot secure anywhere is a fantastic security device for both pc and laptops we used it on 3 alltogether. It loads on very quickly and also does a scan very quick this is our 2nd webroot security and will definatley use it again
on 9 March 2013
This is my second year of using Webroot. Got sick and tired of forking out silly money for other products. This does the job really well for a fraction of the cost.
on 8 March 2013
This is the easiest security I have installed and does not slow down your computer as I have found with other types and would thoroughly reccomend it.