on 2 November 2011
I bought Nero 11, admittedly not from Amazon, yesterday, ended up paying more than the price here.
Having downloaded it I was really looking forward to it enhancing Window 7 Live moviemaker, however I found it clunky difficult to navigate.
It wouldn't import files unless you had originally downloaded them using Nero, unless they are AV files. I am not an IT pro and having found Windows 7 live moviemaker so easy to use but limited maybe, I had hoped Nero would be intuitive too and more expansive in its ability to edit, which I don't think it is.
Maybe the Platinum version is better, I don't know, but having bought Nero 11 it keeps offering little add ons and upgrades when you try to select certain editing functions, that really annoys me, I have paid nearly £50 for an editing suite that then asks me to pay more if i want a suite that does the job. Sorry for the negative feedback but I haven't found anything good to say about it.
41 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
VINE VOICEon 16 February 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Nero 11 is competent at doing the basics. It burns audio CDs and data discs without any fuss. It can also burn DVDs provided you keep things simple with the menu design.

Installation worked at the first attempt (on my Windows 7 machine), but I had to wait (>40min) due to its massive footprint (2GB+). A lot of this includes a load of bundled software that one will never use. Furthermore, it is a clunky bit of kit that newcomers to Nero will not find easy to navigate around.

I would stick to an earlier version if you have it - such as Nero 9, although that only seems to work with XP!

Sorry to say that I wouldnt recommend Nero 11 at all.

2/5
One person found this helpful
VINE VOICEon 24 January 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
It's been many years since I moved away from using Nero, and until recently I couldn't rightly remember why. Now having had a chance to play around with the Nero 11 media suite, it all comes flooding back. Nero is certainly an accomplished suite, and it brings with it a host of terrific media programs, but for the layman, the navigation is mired by technical terminology and Nero doesn't aim to clearly explain itself.

The packaged comes with a software disk and a weighty multilingual manual that offers little assistance to all but the least savvy of potential users, this is a lost opportunity as there are currently no English language help files available for users. Installation is simple and, including registration, took around 10 minutes to complete. Afterwards, there is a hefty upgrade available to download that will take considerably longer to deal with, particularly if you have limited download speeds, and you may be prompted to download driver updates during this process too.

The suite itself contains a number of useful applications:

Kwik Media is a neat little media player, which copes with a variety of audio and video formats and allows you to convert and transfer media to modern portable media devices including Apple and Android platforms. The video playback is smooth and sound synchs well with onscreen events.

LiveBackUp is a somewhat curious inclusion, the ability to backup data and system files may be useful, but when you can do this with the standard windows tools it seems superfluous. Still, it works smoothly enough and for some the interface may be more appealing.

Nero Video claims to make it simple to create your own video disks, but to be honest I found it impenetrable. I could drag in video, I could click onscreen buttons, but couldn't see what they were meant to be doing or how it all tied together, aside from a time bar that kept filling up, to help me edit videos and burn them to DVD as I intended.

<more to follow>
on 14 February 2012
hi i have had nero since nero 6 n found nero 6 brilliant nero7 was a bit blouty then nero8 even more so then wen vista arrived had problems with nero 8 9 n 10 .nero 11 works fine but is over big but at least it works with win 7 so no probs cheers
on 9 February 2013
It was nice to add this to my private collection. Product was exactly as described on the site.Thank you so much.