on 27 January 2013
Having used Bit Defender for quite a number of years and like it I find it hard to locate locally so was very glad to purchase it thro' you and at a reasonable price. I still prefer it to lots of others.
on 21 November 2011
Over the past year I found the 2011 edition very secure and fairly easy to cope with, though occasionally intrusive. The 2012 edition surpasses even this quality and for the average home user can be left to do its job. The extra tools to keep ones box up to scratch are worth having, and the price through Amazon cheaper than basic editions of less effective security.
on 8 January 2012
I have installed this on 6 pc, on all the platforms. Each install was a different experience. These ranged from no problems at all, required several reboots before everything worked (the parental control), to manually having to set up the firewall to let Chrome work (FYI all the PC have Chrome but only one needed manual setting up).
As other review have stated, Bitdefender does make the PC slower, although I think it is still usable, and some of the PC I have installed it on are not super fast.
It does have a useful feature, that if you have a number of PCs in the house and a slow or limited download broadband, one PC can be set up as a master and download updates directly to other PCs, instead of all the PC doing it on line; one of the PC I've installed wont play ball on this.
The Parental Control allows you to view sites of concern that the children have been trying to get on via a web site. This means that you do not have to be on their PC to see if they are trying to view sites they should not. (FYI Bitdefender does block them). However, again one PC doesn't want to play ball with the website, although the parental control is working.
There is a forum controlled by Bitdefender company that you can access to help with problems.
on 20 December 2011
Chundles away in the background. Will not scan if you are working. Waits until you are not so busy.
Easy to use. You do not need to be a "Rocket Scientist" to operate.Easy worth the money
on 3 March 2012
Purchased BitDefender Internet Security 2012 following outstanding reviews in several magazines including Computer Shopper & Web User.
I have not been disappointed. Purchased the 3 user version and have installed on my two desktops (one AMD powered one Intel) and a
Samsung laptop. So far no problems whatsoever, no slowing down, no weird behaviour as reported by others.
Previously I have used Kaspersky, also without problems but Bitdefender seems to be less intrusive and requires litle technical
knowledge when used in autopilot mode.
Also received 5 additional licences for Bit defender Anti-Virus for free!! These can be used by friends or family.
All in all a very succesful purchase at a very keen price. "Works for Me"
on 8 August 2012
I thought that this product gave the best bang for buck. I have a modern laptop running windows 7 but it would not install.In this day and age you should just put the disc in and click: that is what you are paying your money for. Not a product and yes but no buts. The problem is , is that the Bit Defender website is comletely unhelpful I think they want you to pay for the remote install service. I dont like being made to feel I am being duped so I am using Kapersky instead with no problems. I would never use this company for anything as it has poor customer backup. BUYER BEWARE!
on 13 August 2012
BitDefender was frequently the PC reviewer's choice but it seems to have received quite a few poor reviews from users. As a result, I followed CNET's advice and made sure I did a clean install, having removed all traces of other anti-virus software/ malware first and used Revo Uninstaller (free version).

Installation was easy. I have the product installed on 2 systems one running Windows XP and the other Windows 7 Ultimate. No problems were experienced with either of them.

I am very pleased that the full system scan is done in half the time of the previous anti-virus software. (Saves on electricity as the scan was taking many many hours)

Yes, the initial start-up of the web browser is a bit slower but once that has occurred there is no other interference and the system is not slowed down. The software works fine with both Firefox and Safari and their associated products (so can spot more viruses, I guess).

The best thing is that it works in the background and doesn't interrupt what you doing. Scans are done in computer downtime and it does not hijack your computer like the previous 2 products I have used.

I have been using this product for just over a month.

All in all very pleased.
on 21 May 2012
Having had a recent bad experience with another product due to some poor after sales service, I bought this product as a replacement after reading some good reviews about it in a computer magazine. Although some of it's features aren't as easy to get used to as I had expected, overall it does exactly what it is supposed to do and keeps my PC free of all the "baddies" floating about on the internet. Which is what I want from a security programme. So far no complaints.
on 3 January 2012
Very easy to install, even for an amateur like me! Suggest getting five others interested to share the cost, as I was sent 5 free licences!!
on 29 January 2012
I thought I would try BitDefender Internet 2012 when my Norton subscription ran out, big mistake. This program is a disaster.

1. It slows down internet access to the point where some sites are almost unusable.
2. It completely disables some programs. None of my network camera viewing programs will work with it installed. Try running Y-cam MultiLive and it never connects after BD is installed.
3. If you enable the option to scan removable media, CDs etc, they become unusable. I actually thought the CD drive was broken when I put the first CD in after installing BD.

This is not an issue on a single machine. I installed it on 3 different machines and they all have the same problems.

Buy Norton it is cheaper and it works.