Customer reviews

AB 3.5
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 28 October 2011
This album is absolutely stunning. Although I personally prefer Blackbird this album is right up there with the greats. It is easy to see this is a loose concept album as it takes you on a journey through the downs (Slip to the Void, Isolation, I Know it Hurts, All Hope is Gone), the better times (Ghost of Days Gone By, Make It Right, Breathe Again), dealing with loss (Wonderful Life), and acceptance (Coeur D'Alene, Life Must Go On). The original album ended with the most poignant of songs - a discussion between two people about faith. This bonus version has three more fabulous songs, and if it were possible ends of an even more poignant song in Never Born To Follow. Add to this album a fantastic documentary (with an interesting little clip after the credits), and you couldn't ask for more. The original album was long at 14 songs - I couldn't believe my luck. I saw this (with three songs I have been longing for for 10 months) and I was pretty much speechless. One of the great rock albums, and hopefully soon Myles, Mark, Brian, and Scott will be given the recognition they deserve.
on 21 September 2017
Rather late to the party here with AB but this is another cracking album - i really hope they keep up the good work of producing quality real music, not another manufactured boy-band; nothing wrong with that if that's your sort of music, but that stuff isn't me. I would highly recommend this album for guitar driven rock fans, the seller didn't dissapoint either.
VINE VOICEon 9 November 2010
This album has been in my possession since it first hit the streets and it has taken a little while to form a real impression - mainly because I found myself keep hitting the repeat button on the CD player to hear each song time and again - therefore not taking in the album, but merely taking in each song, one, by one, by one.....really strange (for me!)
So, is this indeed Blackbird Mk 2 - No, it most certainly is not! Now, while I appreciate what everybody is saying about Blackbird - AB III shows the band have matured (almost) beyond recognition in that their songs are so much better structured, played and recorded and that each and every one of the musicians here have poured their all into this album. However, that said, Blackbird is indeed the one that has a common thread running through it, whereas AB III is more about perfecting each and every song, no matter what, therefore each song stands on it's own two feet and does not need all the other songs there to support it.
Personal favourites here are - strangely, every single song - the album is simply brilliant, and while it will not ultimately be my favourite album of 2010, it will certainly be in my "top ten"
Roll on AB IV.....
on 23 November 2013
A brilliant combination of a CD and DVD giving a double bonus for all fans of Alterbridge..This is an excellent album as is the DVD which showed the band at its best performing a great selection of material..The cameras were all well placed for exceptional shots of the band and the sound is perfect..The CD too is true Alterbridge at their true best and a must have for your collection if your a fan of Myles Kennedey's vocals and the guitar playing of Mr Mark Tremonti...Excellent double package that id strongly recommend without reservation..
on 26 January 2018
Excellent album! Every track is a good one and the entire performance is flawless. Will be buying more of Alter Bridge
VINE VOICEon 23 March 2013
This is my favourite AB album, I adore it. It starts off loud and dirty with Slip to the Void and Isolation and as the album progresses we get a little bit more melodic with tracks like Wonderful Life and Life must go on. Myles Kennedy is a God amongst lead singers and he's not too bad to look at either so I shut my eyes when this album's playing and I drift to a different place.... Well a girl can dream!!!
on 10 February 2018
This cd is absolutely amazing, musicaly Brill & amazing vocals & song writing, if u like metal with great lyrics & fantastic musicians, this is for you, I couldn't begin to tell u how good this band are, great live as well,
on 16 June 2014
If you have heard a few of Alter Bridge you will find many song on this album to keep you going.

This is always one of my top 5 cd's in the car, especially on long drives.

The DVD is not too bad, but not a deal breaker in my opinion.
on 27 October 2017
Bought as a present
on 28 August 2013
Good album. Good songs. Good band members. Fabulous Myles Kennedy. However somethings missing, a listen to once album but unfortunately not over and over again. *** if it wasn't for Myles Kennedy but **** for his blinding vocal talent.