on 10 February 2014
good basic phone excellent battery life delivered on time ,if the screen had been a touch larger would have been rated excellent.
13 people found this helpful
on 4 April 2014
Neat little phone, just what I wanted. No frills, no camera and no internet. No stupid screen which you have to swipe your fingers across - just press the keys to send a little text occasionally, and answer it when it rings. Only need it for emergencies as we have a phone at home and I have a phone at work and the walk between the two is about five minutes, so I only really need it for emergencies when driving, in case of breakdown or accident etc. Why is everyone obsessed with having to have instant access to the internet at all times?
2 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
I've dumped my smart phone for this. It currently lasts for two weeks on a single charge. It's small and simple to use.

A ten inch tablet is the smallest mobile computing device I want to use, and I've just bought a Chromebook with a data SIM in it so I don't need my phone to connect to the internet.

Since I no longer waste my time waiting for web pages too crawl onto a smart phones weedy web browser my monthly charges have dropped, too.

Whenever someone sees this phone they have the same reaction. Why would a mobile phone 'expert' have a phone like this. When they hold it they also all do the same thing; rub their thumbs across the textured surface. It very satisfying, sensual even.

There's no Bluetooth so you can't connect to your car system. You might be tempted to answer the phone while driving but I just leave it inaccessible. Then I can concentrate on the road.

There's no camera. I use a camera for that. It has a 19X optical zoom and produces really brilliant pictures. Why would I want to take fuzzy pictures with a fixed viewpoint?

This phone is small enough to put in any pocket, or a handbag. I'm certain it's a better option than paying 250 quid for a Bluetooth handset that still needs to be paired to a smartphone that you don't want to take out of hiding in case you get robbed.
on 28 August 2014
Good, robust, easy-to-use basic phone BUT only 4 stars because somehow it (or I) managed to put my partner's phone number into the block number text file. Not only this model - I had an E1150 which last May, unknown to me, had done the same thing. Assured at that time by both mobile providers that our accounts were operating correctly, I purchased the E1190 - great, problem solved. However, last week I was again unable to get my partner's texts. Finally, an advisor at EE suggested that the problem may be with this phone blocking his number for texts. So - if this happens to you, go to Settings - Applications - Messages - Text messages - Block number and see if the number has been blocked accidentally AND check the whole list of 10 as on both phones the number blocked had been put at number 6 in the list even though 1-5 and 7-10 were empty. Hopefully this may help any of you out there who, like myself, know little about technology and did not even know there was a block number file!!
One person found this helpful
on 30 March 2014
I bought this having previously had a megalomaniac HTC smart phone which would only do what I asked under protest . The Samsung is tiny basic and just what a technophobe needs it even fits in the ticket pocket of my jeans and the clamshell design protects me from calling myself causing me to think I,m being stalked. Build quality leaves a little to be desired but for £19 it's ok it picks up the signal very well even though we are in a poor reception area I,m going to hang on to this one.
on 25 July 2014
This is a great little phone if, like me, you're not bothered with having a host of features and functions. If you want a camera phone forget it! It is neat to stow in the pocket and very easy to learn to use. It also has a very attractive, jewel-coloured, engine-turned-effect casing. For folk who just want to make calls and send texts I can't recommend it highly enough.
on 8 August 2014
This neat little phone fits well into my pocket. I am not particularly fond of the ringtones but that is a small matter. If you have a tablet or computer and all you need is a phone for texting and phoning the Samsung E1190 is adequate. I formerly gave this phone 4 stars but i have decided that a generous 3 stars is adequate. This is due to the lack of clarity.
on 19 June 2014
This phone was exactly what I wanted, no more dialling by mistake. My only complaint is that it did not say it came with T Mobile and I had passed up the opportunity to buy the same phone cheaper because it was T mobile. I just wanted to put in my own Sim from my old phone
on 14 July 2014
This is a lovely simple little phone which is particularly handy if you are active as the flip front protects the screen. It should be noted it does come with a charger, which I do not believe is stated, and I bought a separate one needlessly :(
on 12 May 2014
Fantastic little phone for the money. It takes full size sim cards for people asking the questions. I recommend this phone to anyone just wanting a basic easy to use handset.
One person found this helpful