HALL OF FAMETOP 500 REVIEWERon 12 September 2011
I was, sad to say, slightly disappointed in this collection of two short stories. Jeaniene Frost and Ilona Andrews are favourite authors of mine, but I wasn't impressed by the excessive quantity of advertising material included here: the lengthy teasers for upcoming works from both authors make up roughly half of the file. Also, both of the stories included here have been previously published - though to be fair the item description does NOW say this. Jeaniene Frost's story can also be found in the (shortly to be reissued) anthology Death's Excellent Vacation, and the Ilona Andrews story is in the anthology Dark and Stormy Knights

'One For the Money' Jeaniene Frost's story sees Cat Crawford and her vampire husband Bones, guarding the body of a Paris Hilton-esque heiress at the request of Cat's uncle Don. This isn't one of my favourite Jeaniene Frost works - the heiress is a one-dimensional stereotype, and there's no significant contribution to the ongoing Night Huntress plotline - but it's a decent enough read with action, humour, and Cat and Bones demonstrating that married life has done nothing to dampen their enthusiasm for one another.

'A Questionable Client', Ilona Andrews' Kate Daniels prequel provides an insight into some of Kate's activities while working for the Mercenaries Guild. As this is a prequel, Curran is nowhere in sight, but you do finally get the story of how Kate came to be acquaintances with a certain sexually deviant shape shifter.
on 7 May 2013
I loved this book, couldn't put it down once picked up. As soon as i had read it i was looking for the next one in the series, would definatley recommend
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 20 September 2011
Both of these are autobuy authors, so I grab pretty much anything that they put out, but with this one, I recognised both tales from the blurb and realised that the JF one has been published before in Death's Excellent Vacation and the IA one in Dark And Stormy Knights. However, saying that, both were decent enough tales that I wanted them for my Kindle.

In the JF novel, C&B are babysitting a spoilt heiress, whilst at the same time kind of babysitting Justina. There's danger, baddies, lots of humour and yes, C&B find time to get rather inventive with their love life! For me, the passion between C&B is the best part of their books, and so this one did not disappoint. 5*. P.S. as an added bonus, we get to see a sneak-peek of the first Prince of Night book, featuring Vlad (out March 2012) and the start of the C&B Xmas 2011 novella, which is out in Oct 11 in the THE BITE BEFORE CHRISTMAS antho (with Lynsay Sands).

The IA novel is a prequel to the Kate Daniels books, and does not feature Curran, who hadn't yet come into Kate's life, but we do get to learn more about her history with Saiman (shape-shifting, deviant sometimes-ally). As for me there wasn't any real romance, it wasn't that great, but we do learn about Kate's history with the Guild. 3*
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 24 January 2012
One for the Money by Jeaniene Frost - 3.5 Stars

One for the Money is set between Destined for an Early Grave (book 4) and This Side of the Grave (book 5). Our favourite couple Cat and Bones have had to cut their holiday short to babysit a heiress who has had a contract taken out on her. I always love spending time with Cat and Bones but would have liked to have seen more of them alone and less of the spoilt brat they were looking after. This was still an enjoyable short story though and has helped tide me over until the next book in the series is released.

A Questionable Client by Ilona Andrews - 4 Stars

A Questionable Client is a prequel short story for the Kate Daniels series and shows a bit of Kate's history with the Mercenary Guild and we see her first meeting with shape shifter Saiman. This is a great introduction to the series and I loved finding out more about Saiman who is a character that intrigued me in the first book Magic Bites. Although short this story is full of humour and was a quick, enjoyable read that has reminded me how much I liked the first book in this series and has made me keen to continue reading Kate's story.
on 6 November 2013
What can I say other than Jeaniene Frost is a really gifted writter so anything with her name on is going to be great also Ilona Andrews is also a great writter.
on 14 April 2013
I loved this book, but if i remember correctly it was a short story, unfortunately, I have read lots since then and am unable to remember it better. sorry
on 17 May 2014
Love the characters and hope to see more of them in the future. The night huntress series is just one of the best book series i have read in years.
on 18 August 2014
bought this for the Kate Daniels short story and its not there?! would like my money back as already had the other story
on 22 February 2013
Just as you get into it, the story is over.......which makes you buy the next one in the series immediately!
on 9 July 2015
one short complete story, then a mish-mash of part stories
very disappointing