on 16 July 2012
Right- this is a long story so get comfy...It arrived in the biggest box ever! Heavy as a rhino wearing concrete high heels too....spent about 15 minutes just unpacking this sucker to find my computer had been smashed during transit. Unhappy face 1.
Read the instructions for about 2 minutes and thought it'd be easy enough to construct (indeed some is already pre done....thank god)...got into it and realised the instructions had been written by an optimistic idiot with a degree in pidgin english. Unhappy face 2.
Sweated and swore for an hour putting it together (girlfriend stayed out of the way as she knew where this was going!) to find one bolt wasn't thread properly and just wouldn't go on....Unhappy face 3.
Unhappy face 4 came from realising what the description meant by the phrase "being able to change from fixed to cross trainer position easily", it actually means you can move your arms from the handles to the bars flying rapidly at your face...the bars never stop moving when you're using the unit. Not a massive pain tho as you can pretend you're fighting Bruce Lee whilst cycling- it's all about burning calories right?!

So onward and upward- contacted the seller and told them all my issues, cried a bit and laid it on the line! They were polite and luke warm apologetic....they sent the bolt but somehow missed the email about my computer...a week passes and the bolt arrives and is fixed...no computer. Got in touch again, more luke warm apologies and a promise to send the computer. A few days later the enigma arrived and we began to be able to finally use the unit as complete!
Now the juicy bit- the bike squeeks like a bitch and has a tacky gym master sticker that looks naff. It took various re-tightenings to make everything secure, but we are now using it for a total of an hour a day. It does cry, but gets the job done and we are actually pretty happy with it. We paid about 120 quid and think that due to the pretty fetid mistakes and baggage that went along with this transaction- the company may have offered us some cash back or a voucher or something....perhaps that's just me...Personally I didn't find the company great to deal with and I'll be watching the unit carefully over the warranty period!
It is what it is tho and for the price, if your delivery etc goes well and you don't have any problematic parts, I'm sure it's worth the money. If you're expecting a sleek and silent beast tho- spend a hundred quid more coz this ain't it!
A couple of last things- the computer has all these functions that are about as useful as tits on a bull. The calorie tracker says I'm burning 2500 calories in a 45 minute session...if that was true I'm fairly certain I'd be burning enough calories just by walking or taking a sh8t- that I wouldn't need this machine! It says in the sheet of instructions, included with the computer and written by the same formentioned idiot, that it displays in miles and km's...I'll be ringing Stephen Hawkings to come help me find that feature, as I've searched and searched...still not sure if I'm cycling a mile or a km or an armadillo or a sandwich or what! Oh yeah and the seat makes you feel like you've done 10 rounds with Elton John...no pain no gain I guess!
Machine gets a 4/5, Price gets a 4/5, Company gets a 3/5 and the transaction gets a 3/5 in general....it definately wasn't orgasmic, but I am feeling fitter!
3535 comments| 193 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 April 2012
We (2 adults) found this fairly easy to assemble (probably looking at two hours from start to finish). Some of the parts have already been put together but it's not easy to work this out from the instructions which suggest that you're building the entire thing from scratch. Some of the quality is a little questionable (a bit plasticky) but on the whole it does what it says on the tin. It's not too noisy which is handy when you live in a flat and it isn't too cumbersome to move about.
on 22 December 2013
Having read some previous comments, if you purchase a piece of kit like this you should expect a large heavy box to arrive and then have to unpack and assemble it.
It arrived within a few days and I did find the assembly instruction a little misleading but nothing that couldn't be overcome. Having an engineering past background I had a pot of grease on hand and I lubricated all metal to metal moving parts as I assembled it. I have now used it regularly for a couple of months and it is absolutely fine for the job and doesn't take up too much room when not in use. The computer has glitches from time to time and has to be reset but it's not a show stopper. The seat is rather unforgiving as would be expected and being a cyclist I already had padded cycling shorts. I would recommend wearing them when using this machine.
Overall, very satisfied with the whole experience.
on 17 February 2013
This cross trainer/bike arrived quickly, we will get lots of use out of it, the only grumbles I have was the computer monitor was damaged in transit, I would have thought MK Trading would have sorted this out as quite a few people have mentioned this in reviews, it wasn't well packed, I am still waiting for new one one to come, but have been told via email from MK Trading they will send one to me, there was no free water bottle/holder that was in the advert. It took around 2 hours to put together, the instructions aren't very clear but my husband worked it out. Overall a good buy I would recommend buying this product as it will get used quite a lot.
on 12 May 2012
Item was well packed. Item very heavy glad delivery man offered to take it to intended room. Only took hubby hour to assemble. A little noisy but with workout tunes not noticible. Fairly sturdy only used twice but so far so good.
on 10 February 2012
MK Trading have been absolutely exellent in their after sales service to us. The team were very efficient at dealing with concerns that I had over the exercise bike we bought and stopped at nothing to rectify a simple error in the merchandise. I would recomend these guys to any one looking for top quality service on the internet. They really care about the service they provide. Thankyou for all you have done for us.
on 4 September 2012
It took a time to work out how to put this item together (the instructions aren't very clear) but once that was done the product was everything expected. It is very sturdy, but still easy to move around, an all round excellent product.
on 7 April 2014
For £100 I was not expecting a gym standard cross trainer, and I didn't get one.

What I received was a not too sturdy dumbed down slightly scratched cross trainer which works and is probably fit for purpose.

I say probably as I have only had a couple of hours on it to date and expect to have much more over the coming months, it wobbles a bit though so I am a tad concerned at that. I will be tightening various nuts and bolts and seeing if that makes a difference.

Assembly wise it was OK, using the manual as a general guide more than anything and working it out for myself, but given much of the trainer was pre-assembled that was not too bad. The computer is not that good, basic level and the manual also very basic. I have been looking for a proper manual but cannot find one. At the moment I can only seem to get a cyclist on the screen and not a runner, not sure even if I can as the instructions are more of a list of things it does than a guide to how to use them.

Overall my score reflects the price as well as the quality, it is OK for use at home and at a good price.

If anyone finds better computer instructions please let me know!
on 30 October 2013
My parcel arrived well before the designated delivery date. It was relatively easy to assemble although the instructions were misleading at times. The machine is easy to use and gives you a very good workout. No inconvenience or the added cost of the gym as this now takes pride of place in the spare room. A good and sound purchase.
on 4 September 2012
very good product you get what you pay for put it together quite easy not bad for a 65 year old daughter loves it not got very far wheels not strong enough sorry just joking but yes good for the job in hand