Customer reviews

The Original Christmas Classics [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

on 16 December 2011
This is a package of three DVDs featuring Rankin Bass animation. Although probably more popular and well known in the US these are still watchable anywhere around the world. The DVDs are Santa Claus is Comin' to Town, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and Frosty the Snowman. My favourite has to be Santa Claus. It features narration by Fred Astaire and has a novel way of telling the origins of Santa Claus and other Christmas traditions. Both Santa Claus and Rudolph are fifty minute shows while Frosty is a mere 25 minutes. Merry Christmas everyone!
on 27 December 2012
I was so happy to find this. Now that I have two kids of my own and after not having seen any of these movies for several years, this little DVD package was a Godsend. It's great value for money, especially considering the Frosty DVD contains two Frosty films (the original narrated by Burl Ives and the sequel narrated by Jonathan Winters). I'm 4,000 miles from home, but with little added touches like these films, Christmas feels right again.
on 29 December 2011
I grew up with these films as part of my Christmas tradition in the US. So pleased to find them in the right region here in the UK. Merry Christmas!!
on 29 November 2013
Bought these for my 3 yr old grandaughter as she loves Rudolph. She loved Frosty from the beginning and has watched both stories over & over again. It took her a bit longer to get into Rudolph and Santa as they are a bit old fashioned. She now loves them both, especially the Yeti in Rudolph and The Warlock in Santa. I would recommend as something a bit different.
on 17 December 2011
Was just going to get rudolph the red nosed reindeer for my boys (4 & 6) who have the book with the same 1960s illustrations. But the price of this with 2 extra films was worth spending the extra couple of pounds. They enjoy them all. Brings back happy memories to me aswell. Just goes to show kids are quite happy with the non cgi films.
on 11 January 2013
As per all the other reviews, these movies are classics that will never grow old (although they are a bit "dated" to the 60's (a few sexist comments that may make one pause). Highly recommended for any child (or adult).
on 22 December 2011
Growing up with these Christmas specials, I wanted to share them with my kids. I live in Germany, so I ordered them here and my family can see them in English. Just as I remembered!
on 5 February 2013
3 dvd's in 1 All animated ideal for the younger children mainly pre-school has a good but simple story line and overall great entertainment and value for money
on 5 January 2015
Ah the Christmas classics. Nice set of DVDs at a good price. Quality of playback is very good...can't put a price on nostalgia! Very happy with the purchase.
on 4 October 2015
A family favorite, we what it every Christmas season