Format: Audio CD|Change

on 3 October 2011
I heard Keep your head up on the radio whilst driving home (in a foul mood).
I don't usually like listening to the radio, nor do I ever like a track on first hearing it.
Neither of these were true here.
As soon as I got home, I had to make my husband find the track on the internet and listen to it whilst I went to Amazon to buy the song.
I bought the single but, was gutted to see that I'd have to wait for the album.
But, time's up and finally I could download it.
I hate to use the word catchy but, that's what happens with this music. It catches you, hooks you, gets right in there and sticks in your head.
I think this is going to be played over and over until I know every song word for word.
Fabulous.
11 comment| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 October 2011
Words cannot do this album enough justice...it really is that good and I have been waiting for a long time for it to be released.

Ben Howard is supremely talented and is surely destined for big, big things.

In a world where our ears are constantly assaulted with ever increasingly plastic, non-inspiring, formulaic produce from X-factor and other corporate arenas resulting in a chart devoid of music for the soul, and where of my generation (34) we have been lacking proper representation of talent in the folk/singer/songwriter mainstream for a long time since Damien Rice's brilliant 0; finally we have someone to draw inspiration from.

Modern music needs Ben Howard.

If you like Bon Iver, Nick Drake, Damien Rice et all, then dont even think about it...just buy it. It will warm your soul...
on 1 December 2011
If you like Jose Gonzalez or Bon Iver- buy this album, it's as simple as that.

In fact, if you like good music, buy this album.

If perhaps, like me, you were dissapointed with Ed Sheran's debut- purchase this and be thoroughly satisfied...
on 8 October 2011
I got this album about a week ago, and have listened to it constantly since. I was attracted to it by the song "The Wolves", I think it is the strongest track on the album,although all the other tracks are of an excellent standard, there are no fillers on this disc and I look forward to hearing more of Ben Howard in the future.
on 7 December 2012
It all happened so fast that I can hardly remember how it started. Being pretty disappointed by what the mainstream music scene has to offer these days I was doing some research on Amazon again...looking for some hidden treasures that I might like.

By accident I came across Every Kingdom and gave it a try simply because I liked the cover: Water in Green and Blue with sparkling sunshine.
What I heard seemed to be nice and different, however, some weeks passed until I went on another research tour and again stumbled over Every Kingdom.
This time I downloaded the album and since then have not been able to stop listening. I bought the Bonus Edition and now I am so happy about the Burgh Island E.P.

Every Kingdom has both the joyful and romantic songs...hope and fear, light and darkness. Only Love is not my favorite song anymore although I still love it. There is so much more.

What is now so special about this album or Ben Howard?

Lyrics that are so natural and poetic go under your skin. Melodies are like a morning walk over foggy fields before the sun comes up.
This man plays his guitar and sings his songs with a true and beautiful voice. He sings from the heart. Poets still exist! How wonderful.

I hope that this extravagant quality of being real will not fade away!
on 3 October 2011
Well, it finally arrives. All those people that have been waiting for this Album will now be sat blissfully listening to what is a musical gem. A simple album, with fine guitars, a fine unique voice and a great range of tracks. The famous 'The Wolves' track is a minute and half longer than the single version and is sandwiched either side by 9 other equally beautiful tracks. Kick back and enjoy....
on 27 October 2012
my girlfriend bought me this album for our month anniversary (i know, i know..) anyway, i had heard only love on a tv advert and decided i really did like it, but like almost every other album in the world i thought this guy would be a one hit wonder and would not have bought the album myself. how wrong could i have been, every single track is beautiful. this man has overflowing talent and i've seen live videos of his performances longg after i listened to the cd again and again - and the emotion and feel this guy has for music is incredible. truly a must buy. so thank you to my wonderful girlfriend, almost 8 months now.
on 19 January 2015
I bought the standard version shortly befor I bought this one and I was never fully satisfied with the amount of tracks it had then I bought this one that has 6 additional tracks and a dvd that has a load of music videos and live acoustic videos.

The bonus tracks are all unique and show a side to Ben Howard that you don't really see in standard version. You get tracks like I Will Be Blessed and bones that are very slow and mellow, a couple of live performances like Empty Corridors that are fun the listen to and are guaranteed to get your body moving and These Waters and Under The Same Sun that he plays in a very unique way.

All in all perfect album if you want more of Ben Howard.
on 8 October 2011
Awesome Album !!! Je suis Français est j'adore les chansons de Ben, encore Merci à Amazon Uk pour sa rapidité et sa disponibilité pour la livraison de ce CD deluxe !! Super talent !!! Je recommande les yeux fermés !!
on 29 July 2012
I wasnt quite sure what to expect from a new acoustic-based artist, I thought it might just be a couple of great radio released singles mixed in with some weaker stuff but boy was I wrong. Right from the opening track 'Old Pine' you realise Ben has some serious fingerpicking skills coupled with an incredible and unique voice. He also uses a rather unusual guitar tuning which gives it an atmospheric feel. That said the album also carries a very positive vibe as well as some impressive lyrics and it made it a joy to listen to as a whole.

Stand out tracks for me include; Everything, Old Pine and The Fear.