on 3 September 2013
IR over HDMI - its a labour saving device. It dose what you want it do with no complicated user setup, its simple plug and play.
on 13 October 2013
Connected the units, as per instructions to both ends of a 15Metre HDMI cable from Blu Ray to Smart TV, made sure the switch was to IR on each unit and it worked perfectly.
on 4 June 2012
I bought this as a replacement to another brand of IR extender which used batteries and radio signal to transmit the IR signal. This product is much simpler. Plug it in on each end of an HDMI cable and off you go. No batteries required. The only thing to set up is where you put the sensor and repeater. I use mine to control an number of devices which are hidden away in a cupboard. It works for my Blu-ray player, Freesat, Freeview and PS3. I can only recomend this for anyone wishing to have thier remote controled devices out of sight. The sensor is tiny and can be discretely stuck somewhere around the TV. This is a much neater alternative to some of the bulkier IR senders which consist of two large units to send and recieve the remote signal. You can't go wrong with this. As far as I can tell the picture quality isn't affected at all with this plugged into the HDMI cable.

It even has a setting to allow use on an HDMI cable where TV and DVD etc are the same brand and allow one remote to control both units. I've set mine up on a cable between two units which are different brands to avoid any incompatabilities. I'd also recomend using a good quality HDMI cable. This may be the reason some users have found the IR over HDMI injector has not worked. I have found it to be faultless since I bought it 5 months ago. I couldn't be happier with it....well at least until some newer tech comes out. But for now I'd say buy it!

One additional point to note is the part that plugs into the end of the HDMI cable has a cable for the sensor/sender which plugs into the side (see the pictures on the item description). For my set-up this did get in the way of another cable. I used a 90 degree HDMI elbow connector (cheap on Amazom) to get around this.
44 Comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 October 2013
This product is simply fantastic, I can't rate it high enough. I'm using it on a new Panasonic 32" LED TV (TX-L32E6B 32" Smart VIERA LED TV). We are using it to control a Virgin Media TiVo and a Sony hi-fi that are both tucked away in a cupboard.

I'm using this IR injector in conjunction with a "Ceed Cable HDMI Male to Female Ceed Cable 270 degrees Gold Plated elbow Connector Adapter" B00F8KT6TI so that the IR module and the HDMI plug do not stick out too far from the back of the TV set. (Note if you buy one of these elbow connectors make sure you get the one bending the right direction for your needs. The first one I bought was a 90 degree item, going the wrong way for me. Thankfully they also make a 270 degree version. You live and learn).

I'm using a 10 METER PRO GOLD RED (1.4a Version, 3D) HDMI TO HDMI CABLE www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0036BHCSS/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 between the two IR modules (i.e between the TV and the TiVo box) and I'm able to control both the TiVo and the hi-fi without any issue.

I stuck the IR receiver LED on the back of the TV close to the edge so you can't even see it. Suggest you experiment with the placement of the receiver and transmitter LEDs to see what works best for you.

So to summarise its a great small product, good quality and it does everything it is designed to.
on 29 February 2012
Very easy to connect and works perfectly. I have my HDTV box in a cupboard. The remote signal is picked up really well (no need for direct line of sight between remote and receiver) and transmits well into the cupboard. Highly recommended.

Very quick delivery too!
on 25 April 2013
Fast delivery and a great product. I ran 2 HDMI cables to distribute Sky HD to the other bedrooms and was looking for a way to remotely control the sky box - could have ran a coax and used the sky magic eye or a set of Powermids that I already had. None of those options would have been as neat as this product. It's a simple matter of connecting them at either end of each HDMI cable. Sweet
on 14 November 2013
Bought this to control a Sky HD+ box over a 15m HDMI 1.4 cable using a Neet HDMI splitter. The first unit supplied didn't work and I spent hours trying to adjust the IR transmitter aimed at the Sky box. Corresponded with the supplier's customer services who were very helpful but couldn't make it work reliably. I believe the IR transmitter was faulty. Eventually had to return the unit and get a replacement.

This worked first time after locating the IR receiver on the front of the Sky box. On my unit it is 52mm to the left of the center point on the front of the Sky box. Found the best way to position the IR transmitter was to use a a clear plastic ruler attached to the top of the Sky box with double sided sticky tape with the IR transmitter positioned on the end of the rule. It helps if you position the rule at an angle so it does not obstruct the signal from the remote when used in the same room as the Sky box.

Can now control Sky from my bedroom.
on 20 January 2012
Installed these on either end of an hdmi cable between my wall mounted tv and sky hd box located in a cupboard, very neat and works great !
on 8 December 2012
Works fine with 5m HDMI cable from sky HD box to Samsung smart tv. It meant I could get rid of the clunky analogue tv sender/receiver I've been using to transmit the signal from my sky remote to the box in the room below. Would definitely recommend.
on 12 December 2013
I bought this device because I have a Humax YouView box sitting in a cabinet that I needed to work with a remote. I previously used a Magic eye with a SkyBox for this however that sadly did not work for the Humax however this did!