on 13 January 2012
This pack contains three movies, all of which are some of my favourites. Sure, they might not amount to all that much plot-wise, but all three are imaginative, well-made and there's decent acting to be found. Sometimes that's all you need, really.

"Legion" is about the birth of a child which will change the face of the Earth now that the end of humanity is setting in. However, the child isn't born yet and it's up to the archangel Michael to protect it and thus enable its birth. By doing so, he's going against direct orders from God, and so must do battle with demons and angels alike. The fights are executed quite well, there's some humour to be found and the effects are good. There's also very litltle emotional nonsense and parts that do not matter at all to the story have thankfully been left out, making the movie all the more enjoyable.
"Priest" is a comic book adaptation, about a militant cult of priests who fight vampires. Their order has been disbanded as the threat has officially been dealt with, but of course the vampires are on the rise again. When the vampires attack his family, one of the priests takes up the fight. Great special effects and good acting, apart from Karl Urban (he seems a bit bland). The ending almost screams for a second instalment, but I especially liked the way the vampires were portrayed.
"Gabriel" is the most original of the three movies, in which angels and demons try to win the souls trapped in purgatory from each other. It's a very dark and atmospheric movie, in which most angels have fallen and succumbed to human vices. Good acting, good effects, original story (albeit with a predictable ending), and also starring the late Andy Whitfield (Spartacus). Great fight scenes as well.
on 15 October 2015
While Legion unsuccessfully tries to tell a big story in a tiny location, Paul Bettany's muted, charismatic performance as the Archangel Michael just about carries the film. Bettany shines again in Priest, a slick and mildly original horror/sci-fi action picture set in a future where humans hide in walled cities from colonies of ancient vampires. Unfortunately Bettany is left to carry this film too, for the most part, although it is several times more compelling than Legion. Gabriel is an odd movie which sort of feels like the director didn't know where to go with it. One minute it's a smouldering, tense drama; the next its trying to do bloody action combat. Sometimes it works but it misses more often than it hits.

Overall all three films are worth a watch for the price and Priest has become a regular viewing for me when I'm working or just need something to chill out to.
on 10 September 2015
Right up my street. I do love religious films that question our knowledge of the creator and the various interpretations of the Holy Word. Paul Bettany was excellent. The acting good. The actors excellent. The stories were quite good too.
on 23 February 2013
... I'm not normally impressed by blockbusters. I'd seen a trailer for Priest, and thought I might it. I've checking prices because I don't like spending more for a DVD than about £5. Priest was still around £7, but this triple pack was under £10 (I think). So I read the write-ups of the other two, then decided to risk it. Storylines were no thinner than most other films of this ilk, and, overall, in my opinion, all three were good value for money. Quality of acting dropped in Gabriel - bit parts were better than main actors.
on 2 February 2013
I'm not going to say which one, either - your opinion may differ. If you enjoy this kind of apocalyptic demon stuff, then you may enjoy the lot. I just enjoyed the one and with hindsight which is always 20/20 and rosetinted I would have bought just the one on eBay for 99p. But how would I have known unless I had seen them all first?
on 16 February 2013
Never even heard of Bettany and brought this box-set 'cause it was cheap and I was bored. Pretty good, with Maggie Q popping up in Priest, and that kid from American Gothic appearing in Legion. Gabriel was less good, but I think I paid about six quid for it all so can't fault it.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 December 2015
Paul Bettany is great in the first two films of which I prefer Legion for the humour. Priest has some good visuals but gets rather ridiculous (I accept that's an odd criticism in this genre but it's all relative) and Karl Urban is underused.I couldn't get to grips with Gabriel and gave up half way through. Andy Whitfield was brilliant in Spartacus but he hasn't got the material to work with here. Can't argue with the value for two good films though hence 4 stars.
on 16 May 2012
3 films in one all of then not bad films. Have seen Legion & Priest before I purchased this DVD & thought Legion was ok & Priest was quite a good film. Having watched Gabriel thought it wasn't that bad. None of them are the best films you will ever see but good for a night in.
on 23 December 2011
bought because of price and watching a short clip from priest, thought all films poor with shallow plots. The dvd arrived on time as usual with Amazon, it is me who made a poor choice.
on 6 April 2013
I think these three DVD's are great we thouroughly enjoyed watching them, also the price was a great to overall this was a suberb bargain at this price.