on 1 July 2012
My son asked for this toy for his 9th birthday. It was the only present he received on The Day (like all Lego, it's not cheap!)but I don't think he would have looked any anything else if he'd been offered it. He immediately set out to build the model and worked on it for the next 2 days (apart from school hours)until it was finished. A confirmed Lego fan for several years, he loved this item. I'm impressed myself with all the moving parts of the finished model, and the overall quality and appearance. A few upsets during construction when 9 year old hands managed to dislodge previously assembled parts, but overall my son was thrilled, and is now incorporating the finished model into vast on-going battle games involving Lego Ninjas, items from Pharoah's Quest etc. A great item with lots of play value.
on 27 January 2012
My son got this for Xmas, he spent about 4-5 hours over 2 days putting it together on his own. Looks superb fully assembled, although very difficult to put back together if small parts get knocked off (like all large Lego sets)! All in all, a brilliant purchase and would def recommend.
on 17 April 2012
My son is 10 and he bought it using his own money, built it himself and loves playing with it. Great toy, very impressive when built together. Definitely a great present for someone interested in Lego.
on 19 January 2013
My mother bought this for my 9 year old son. He is far too obsessed with electronic gadgetry and so it was an absolute delight to see him spend a number of hours very quietly working through the pages of the lego manual putting this item together. He loved making this and it stands proudly on his windsill.
on 15 April 2012
This set looks very impressive when built and my 10 year-old lad enjoyed building it and is really pleased with the finished toy. The sails are wicked and it's become one of his favourite Lego items (he is a Lego freak though!).
on 9 June 2013
We have quite a lot of serious lego sets but this is far and away the best. The wings make it look truely impressive. The machinations of it are awesome, which allows for lots of role playing. It took my 7 year old about two days to build it, with minimal help.

He likes the whole ninjago thing too (he has just started karate so can relate to some of the words).

Wish LEGO would do a DVD of ninjago like the Star Wars ones.
on 6 February 2013
My son got this lego set for xmas,he luvs it and plays with it all the time.
I think it looks nice once's it built but i think all lego is over priced for what it is but it keeps my son happy and quite so were all happy
on 21 May 2012
I've ordered this toy for my sons 7th birthday, to be delivered to Vilnius, Lithuania. Unfortunately, though we've ordered it in advance, giving it plenty of time to arrive for 19th May, the package seems to be lost in delivery process (first time for me, although I am ordering quite a lot from Amazon). May 15th I've contacted Amazon about my shipment (which was due till that date), and Amazon's staff replied that tracking was unavailable for the shipment, but apparently it was lost - but they at once sent me a new shipment with this toy, and - fantastically - it reached us in time, 19th of May. So, the present reached my son in time, and the toy is really good - a few hours of work for a boy as well as the father (a chance for a quality time with papa:) So thank you, Amazon, you've saved the day :)
on 28 December 2012
I bought this for my six year old grandson ,he made it on Christmas Day and said its the best present he's had,he had a bit of help from his dad and played with it nearly all day along with his three year old brother, you do have to be careful not to knock bits off but all in all its a fabulous toy like all lego is. 10/10.
on 5 November 2013
bought as a christmas. my son will love this, this model took me 5 hours to build and then broke with the final installation. certain parts of this lego don't attach firmly. this is why i give this toy 3 stars