on 31 December 2013
Bought this for my 5 year old and he loves it. I know its 10 - 16 on the box but he can still build this. I just check it for him every so often to ensure there are no problems. The product is great. My only gripe is that it is a 2 in 1 but they have not bothered to put instructions in for the truck, you have to download and print these yourself. when you are paying circa £50 for this surely they could put full instructions in the box! I would be happy paying for them.
on 1 July 2012
At First i was not sure if i should buy this pick-up. I am glad i did now, it is really good to build, much bigger than i thought it would be. It is one of my favourites so far. My son absolutely loves it. The tow bar and winch are good fun and the added bonus of a working piston engine is great, you get much more than you think. Well done Lego!
on 16 January 2013
Bought this toy for my little brother for Christmas.

It's really nice at offering a challenge in building it, and the enjoyment of being able to play with it later, it having lots of moving parts and details, the truck is quite durable but it has it's limits as its lego, but the great thing about lego is that anything else can be built of the available parts as long as you have a bit of imagination.

It's quite a challenge too as it took my brother almost the whole day to complete it, but it was worth it.
on 28 December 2012
My 10 yr old grandson (very bright) has already created a number of vehicles from this set. He wants to be a NASA scientist and Lego enages his imagination.
on 13 January 2013
Complicated and challenging for me. Ideal for my 8 year old grandson. He loves Lego and does it all the time
on 11 October 2013
my nine year old son had a fantastic time building this. He found it moderately challenging, it took him about two days but that was with us forcing him to have a break, he didn't need any help or allow us to help, it looks amazing the detail is just superb and worth every penny. A few days later he took it apart and built the lorry model with the instructions from the internet, that what I like about lego is that you really get two in one toys, he is talking about dismantling it again and rebuilding the pick up truck. We didn't have the motorized kit and you don't really need it, he didn't mind at all, that's on his christmas list.
on 20 August 2012
My nephew got more fun & challenge out of this one than out of any of his branded (i.e. Star Wars etc) lego sets. I'm buying him the power kit next. NB power kit not included in this set!
on 28 January 2013
He Loves it !!! He opened it and has hardly put it down since, never seen him so quiet and content.
on 27 December 2014
Bought as a Xmas pressies for my 6 year old son. After many hours of building he finally showed me how to do it properly and we finished it... Awesome set and well worth the embarrassment of being laughed at by the missus and taunted by my little boy.
on 7 December 2013
Seems to be be occupying my son.. always a good sign. It's Lego, we all know it's great. How else can I comment on it? Makes more than one vehicle.. but we all know it makes endless vehicles & creations.. the only limit is your imagination!