Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Best of 2017 Shop now Shop now

Showing 1-10 of 19 reviews(2 star). See all 946 reviews
on 4 October 2017
Saw Ed at Glastonbury 2017 on the BBC coverage, didn't really like it but thought it might be better if I tried listening to the studio versions of his songs. I've listened to this and "X" a few times now and, although I know he has a huge number of fans, I don't get what people see in him or his music. It's just not for me. He certainly writes a huge amount of lyrics but I get bored listening to him, there's nothing very compelling in what he has to say. As for the music, well I don't get the appeal of that either, it's unremarkable and unmemorable strumming. I'm sorry to say that the "Ginger Busker" moniker is well deserved!
on 1 July 2017
After watching Ed Sheeran at Glastonbury on the TV this album is very disappointing. Bland, boring and second rate. Perhaps he needs all the light show and hi-tech that he had at his concert.
on 12 December 2011
Ed Sheeran is someone to keep an eye on and an ear open for.

Without doubt he has talent. However thus far, IMHO, only his successful single A Team and the song Gold Rush are worthy of real praise. Both have compelling lyrics coupled to melody that supports those lyrics very well indeed. Unfortunately the other tracks on this album are too lightweight with lyrics that are 'simple' and disjointed in a naive way and not at all compelling. He's obviously still developing his musical style too.

To counter those comments, hopefully, having written two such good songs, he has now had his Eureka moment and he will soon be writing what I'm sure he is capable of and really connecting with his audience. I'll definitely keep an eye on him but until he 'matures' a little, and becomes a real 'artist' who people want to engage with because he moves them rather than someone who simply desires and works hard to achieve success, I won't be buying an album. I hope that makes sense!
on 15 June 2015
The cd itself is amazing. Such a talented man. However, I bought 2 of these cds fot gift hampers and both of the cd cases we're broke. One was very cracked and the other was cracked and hanging open.

Not happy.
on 12 June 2015
The disc and cover were in very good condition and played clearly. Unfortunately, I was looking to replace the CD with the extra tracks on it which this one didn't have and I was unable to return it.
on 2 January 2012
Love his voice and some of the songs only. Some I hate. Very disappointed with the swear words which are unnecessary which also make it unplayable when my children are around. Wouldn't recommend it and would probably stop me buying any of his albums in the future.
on 21 May 2016
Didn't like this cd at all .Gave it away !
on 8 March 2015
Received with a crack on the CD
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 4 December 2011
I bought this album as Ed Sheeran was being touted as the next big thing and I'd seen a performance of "The A Team" on Jools Holland which seemed to show promise. Unfortunately, listening to the album has really made me feel like I don't really understand popular tastes these days, as the album comes across as patchy, direction-less and without any true musical identity. The lyrics are particularly annoying and, although a teenager of the X-Box 360 generation may appreciate the self-referencing (You Need Me, I Don't Need You), vague-masquerading-as-profound (The A Team), drink and drugs-themed pieces of blandness, it doesn't particularly impress me. He has a certain amount of musical ability, sure, but there are much better singers, songwriters, performers and musicians out there who aren't getting as much attention as this annoying young man who, evidently, has a huge amount of growing up to do, both musically and, if the lyrics are anything to go by, personally. He seems to have the ego, but not nearly enough talent to back it up.

I wouldn't go so far to say that I hated "+", but not far from it. My copy has now been sold and I now know to avoid any performances by him. Frankly, some of the songs on this album are nothing short of embarrassing and I never want to hear them again. "Where I come from, burning weed is a habit/something I've inherited like a ghetto man should", sings Sheeran - the man from a small town in Suffolk. Pillock.
on 31 August 2015
Just could not get into this.