on 12 January 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I actually acquired this for my Kindle Keyboard (an item that, considering Amazon's current product listing) appears positively steam-aged.

What I got was a rather nice looking pouch, constructed of very sturdy woven nylon at the back and a middling grade transparent plastic at the front. The KK slips nicely into the pouch and the flap folds over and seals with a robust velcro strip. As the KK isn't a touch screen, I tried my Galaxy smartphone in the pouch and the touch screen can be manipulated quite adequately through the plastic front face (as can the KK's buttons). The only thing I can't do is access the slider button to turn the device on or off.

There is a zipped pocket on the back for your bus tickets or loose change and carry loop also on the back-side. Useful little design features to be sure.

I actually got this so that I could read my Kindle in the bath, previously having made do with a freezer bag(!) Now, it's most definitely NOT waterproof and it will not keep water out if immersed for even an instant but it does a fine job of keeping the steam or splashes off (or out) the Kindle.

Robust, sturdy and likely to last.
on 9 January 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am really impressed by this Kindle Fire accessory; it fits perfectly, the touchscreen still works well and it is well- made.

The hand grip is useful and I like the zip up pocket - handy for use on holiday.

My only complaint is that you can't turn your device on or off with the jacket on, unless I have missed something!
VINE VOICEon 16 January 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I got this jacket so that I could use my Kindle Fire HD (mainly for reading) when I was out by the pool and also for when travelling. Made of woven nylon with transparent plastic front and velco secured flap, it is quite attractive and appears to be well made and robust. It is certainly proof against rain; my grandchildren dived into the pool and drowned my lounger where my jacketed Kindle was resting and it remained bone dry.

The Timbuk2 also has a zipped pocket on the back [handy for small change and notes] and an effective little carrying loop. The only downside is having to put extra pressure on the screen but that is a minor point.
VINE VOICEon 28 January 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
If you want a cover for your Kindle fire so that you can use it on the beach, this is fine. Its water-resistance means that it will keep out the sand and will resist the gentle splashes created by other members of the family returning from the water; however, I would not want to risk it in the bath or in the water, as i don't feel that it is truly waterproof. Nevertheless, it is a useful addition to the holiday suitcase and provides considerably more protection from bumps and bashes than the majority of waterproof cases on the market.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 24 January 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I can't agree with the majority of reviewers who have given 4 & 5 * so far. At that rrp, I'd expect that this case could have been made to be fully waterproof - yet what you have here is, essentially, a splash cover that is only fractionally more water resistant than a basic kindle case.

I've noticed that Timbuk2 have become pretty fashionable (especially the courrier-style shoulder bags) and I feel that there's a high premium being paid for the name here. Granted, the case is well made and quite practical (I can see it doubling as a passport & document wallet for travelling) but there are other packs out there that cost less and are genuinely waterproof. For example, Aquapac 658 Medium Whanganui Waterproof Case for Kindle from, admittedly less trendy, aquapac. I use all sorts of roll-top closure packs for outdoors sports & in boats so I know that there are plenty of designs on the market that work. I really feel this item from Timbuk2 is a wasted opportunity; they could have made it fully waterproof for a few more pence in manufacture and have kept the overall styling.