on 3 March 2018
Life changing. Buy it.

I have ready few books that have truly changed the way I interact with the world. This is one of them. I read this book in the mists of a messy divorce and it really helped to clear things up. It showed me that I was going about conversations in completely the wrong way. I wish I had found this sooner in my life. It would have changed so much.

It will teach you how to interact with people when it matters most. Whether its partners, children, parents, manager, boss, strangers or friends you are most likely messing up your conversions and not even noticing it.

I can not recommend this book enough. I recommend it to everyone who asks me about books or if I think it can help them.
Its also available on audiable. I have both. However you get it, get it.

This book is paired amazingly with Chimp paradox. These 2 book are my killer combo recommendation.
Once you have finished it, take some time to reflect deeply. You'll be surprised what you discover with your new knowledge.
on 22 October 2017
Corporate companies invests a huge amont of time into future leaders. This is a core book they encourage everyone to read, content is dry but some very good points made worth a read.
on 10 August 2014
Utterly terrific - i read a lot of books on communication and am rarely to be found scribbling furiously in the margins. More than that i actually began to practice the tools immediately after reading. this book will help you if you sometimes say things in the wrong way or find that your tone stops you being heard. it has already made a huge difference for me in my personal and professional lives. In both contexts i have meant well but not conveyed that - this book will teach you how. wonderfully written, practical and elegant i am a big fan.
on 18 September 2017
We may think we're skilful negotiators and attentive listeners, but even a quick scan through this book will show you that you almost certainly have much to learn. Highly recommended. You owe it to yourself to read it cover to cover. Valuable life skills contained therein.
on 26 April 2011
I don't generally like how-to books. They tend to be full of silly made-up jargon. This has a few but in the main it's readable and makes a lot of sense. In practice it can help you avoid getting embroiled in emotionally negative conversations at times when you need a clear head to find ways through the thickets of conflict. What I particularly liked was its easy to learn techniques and the fact that you don't have to get a PhD in conflict management. There are clear examples of difficult situations (both workplace and personal relationships) and how to handle them. I would highly recommend this book.
2 people found this helpful
on 6 October 2017
Great summaries at the end of each chapter and at the end of the book. I will have to remember to use the techniques in my everyday life.
on 26 October 2017
This is a brilliant book - so helpful. Already having better conversations with my teenage son and with clients.
on 21 December 2017
Superb book. Takes a bit of perseverance to get through the early pages but well worth it. Highly recommend, well worth a couple of times reading.
on 6 June 2016
This book is very interesting. Setting out coping strategies and communication skills in a very clear manner, using examples to illustrate points makes it very easy to understand and put into practice.
on 25 January 2018
amazing book, recommend it to everyone who qualifies as a human being and has to talk to other human beings once in a while