Shop Fire Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now

I liked the idea of this radio for two reasons - the first being that when it gets to the end of its life, its recyclable and also because it offered an mp3 connection with cable and batteries included. My hubby enjoys listening to the radio and also his iPod so this radio ticked all my boxes for buying him an extra wee gift to go in his Christmas stocking.

His face on Christmas morning when he opened it showed me he was pleased. I'm a tech geek and like colour and glamour, he likes plain and neutral LOL and he adores this for its simplicity. My Dab radio is all singing, all dancing, and he adores this radio because its the exact opposite. He said 'I like that its just a basic radio, nothing fancy' and that is when I knew I had made a good choice. I asked him if he would like me to decorate it, he said NO, that would spoil it, I like it just the way it is. He tuned it in to his favourite local radio station (reception was great) and we listened to it as we both unwrapped more Christmas gifts. I then showed him how he could plug in his iPod to turn it into a speaker and we both then listened to some of his crap music (our musical tastes are vastly different) hehe. I quickly suggested we go back to listening to the radio and mentioned that he could play that earache when he was laid in the bath maybe (but keep your cardboard, recyclable radio safe from getting wet! if used in the bathroom of course).

If it was mine, I would put stickers on and pretty it up, as its his he left it just as it it. Simple, tasteful, basic as he calls it. The radio works great and it arrived in perfect condition. I thought it was excellent value for money and brought great joy to my hubby who prefers simple non-techy things. He also liked the MP3 speaker facility.

All in all a great buy! Quite quirky :) Good value for money, build quality is good and when it comes to the end of its natural life, you can dispose of easily. Rip it up! HsHa.
on 2 May 2015
Nice fun idea, especially for arty kids/teens who can decorate it and make it personal. It's not perfect, as you would expect for the price. The volume control is on a knife edge (whisper to deafening in one tiny tweet) and the socket for plugging in your phone etc is a bit touch and go. But it's a quite nice novel thing and good for what it is.
on 14 May 2012
I bough this radio as it was a good price and it offered an mp3 connection with cable and batteries included. The quality of the sound is very good for such a simple item and I think it can go really loud too, I haven't had it up all the way as no need! I would say that I haven't been able to tune in the radio and get a station without there being a fuzzy sound. I will persevere with it. I have also customised it and it looks amazing. I knocked a star off for the radio.
on 1 November 2014
Even though I loved the idea of it being plain and intended to spruce mine up a bit in some way, it arrived not working.. something had come undone inside, maybe on its way here who knows.. it never worked. I intended to send it back but never got round to it. I've a couple of friends who fix things like that, maybe one day I'll get it fixed...
on 11 January 2013
I got this radio as a gift for my partner and she loves it. It the perfect little gift. Radio works great and sound is good however the MP3 conection can cause static ! Still a great radie and gets lots of use in our house.
on 4 July 2014
Arrived for someone's birthday and it was broken, wasn't working at all. It also didn't come with the mp3 lead, and the cardboard was bent in the corners. I was given a full refund, but overall disappointed as it was meant for someone's birthday
on 12 January 2014
Radio works fine, but when I plug in a MP3 player there is no sound. I have tried 3 different MP3 players and turned the volume up full, but cannot get the sound to come through. I am very disappointed, as this was a Christmas present.
on 19 January 2015
Delivery was quicker than expected and a great usual item - first reviewed on the Gadget Show and won best Christmas gadget. Love parts are recyclable.
on 26 December 2013
Brought this for my sons art project but it is so cool we are using it around the house first. Buy it u will not be disappointed
on 12 July 2016
It doesn't work, awful signal.