Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 26 February 2012
I must admit as far as Linda Gillard books go I found this one a little to predictable. I guessed early on at the main twist in the tale, although there were also certain bits I didn't guess at. I generally liked the characters. At least I liked Fay well enough, but I liked her (ex)mother-in-law the most and would actually have liked to see more of her. I didn't really like Magnus that much but in a way that was part of his charm, and by the end I was gunning for him.

It's an easy read so good for a relax but if you asked me to recommend a Linda Gillard book it wouldn't be this one.
on 14 February 2017
This is the third book I've read by Linda Gillard and it didn't disappoint. A good story with believable, well drawn characters, the many twists and turns made me smile, cry and almost slap my forehead in frustration at times! Really indulged myself with this book time wise, so I am glad I have finished it and can now get on with other stuff I should be doing ... probably better reading for ladies.
on 23 December 2015
This was unfortunately a very, very dull book, in my opinion. The main characters were unsympathetic and unappealing, and I lost patience with them very, very quickly. The ending screamed out from very early on in the book, giving no real reason to continue with it. It's not one to recommend. She has written many better books than this one.
on 29 April 2015
The only other book I have read by Linda Gillard was "Emotional Geology" (hope I've got that right!) which I really enjoyed so I had high hopes for this one. I was not disappointed. There were many twists and turns and it was a hard to put down book. Highly recommended.
on 25 September 2013
I'm really getting to love reading Linda Gillard books. You just seem to get involved with the characters and can visualise the story.
She is a great writer and this story was full of surprises. Loved it can't wait to read the next one I've downloaded.
on 9 February 2014
Can't live together - can't live apart. Another winning novel by Linda Gillard. The story revolves around Magnus's PTSD brought on by years in the military's bomb squad. There are a number other plot lines interwoven throughout and I loved every word.
on 6 March 2014
A thoroughly enjoyable read. This story has a bit of everything,love, violence, excitement and a twist. The characters are believable and become friends, well most of them! Very easy to become involved with. Highly recommended.
on 16 June 2012
Bit of a slow burn to get me hooked on this one, but hooked I was nevertheless. Fascinating reading the passages about post traumatic stress. Loved the chemistry between magnus and fay. They were so meant to be together. :-)
on 19 June 2013
Very different story line, feel there could be a sequel as the ending was quite rushed.
Well thought out characters, with some interesting twists and turns.
Would recommend to friends as a good read.
on 23 March 2013
Initially I found that the book didn't flow very well, and seemed a little fragmented, but after the first couple of chapters the story became compelling and I found that I couldn't put it down.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse