Customer reviews

Fatal Heat: A Navy SEAL Novella
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 5 October 2011
Can't say that I loved it, but I did like it, which was a bit of a relief. I really went into this story hoping not to be let down because lately LMR has felt off to me. While certainly not in the league of my top LMR favorites, Fatal Heat is a definite improvement over Darkness at Dawn and probably, in its own way, just as good as Hotter than Wildfire, at least for me.

I can't say Fatal Heat is a great story, as it does have its problems: it's a short read that could have been and maybe should have been a little longer. Ending at 69%, it had to move along at a fairly quick pace, with the actual romance also having to be rushed along, but that is usually the norm with LMR, the h/H connection and attraction being almost instant and easily accepted. I would have loved more time seeing Max and Paige together. I really like those two as a couple, and there was more to be seen there.

There is no denying that LMR can write one fine military alpha, and what I loved most about the story was Max. I do think there was more to be explored here with the hero's past. A lot of what I love about the wounded hero, emotionally and physically scarred, was left by the wayside due to the push to arrive at the action and due to the time constraint of a short story. Even with that detracting from the full emotional potential of Max's story, I did love Max as a hero. With more pages, Max could have been awesome.

Fatal Heat has all the hallmarks of an LMR story, whether you've come to hate them, expect them, or love them. Certain aspects of her style I do find enjoyable, even if at times predictable. I do think she needs to tighten up her writing, finding those places to be more concise. And I still want her to give me what I've come to love while at the same shaking things up some in ways that show and count. I very much want a five-star read again.

For the length of story, I did get elements of the LMR that I love - the strong and yummy alpha male protector, that gritty can't-wait-to-have-you sexual chemistry, the very feminine balanced by the very masculine, and a fairly solid story with, at the heart of it, a sweet and sexy romance. You might like this story more or less that I did, and while not a great or a wow story, for me it was a good read overall.
on 16 May 2013
Unfortunately this was a mini book,very well written and a nice story,but way to short and rushed.
I really liked the main characters though,especially the dog.
on 23 February 2014
My first book read by author and I loved it. Loved story characters and the dog. Although a novella, I had no problem with length or story. Sometimes longer books just pad a story to get word count up. This didnt. Loved the tenderness between H/h. Glad no angst. I felt really good at end. Liked the 3 excerpts at end for the 3 "fire" books that I am now looking to buy. Glad found this author.
on 30 April 2014
I very much enjoyed this book as I found it very entertaining and wanted to keep reading until it was finished. It kept me interested all the way through as so much going on, lots of twists and turns.
on 3 March 2014
I thought there wasn't enough story line but found it very easy to read. It hasn't made me want to read anything else of hers