on 14 October 2017
Buy the newer edition ('The Complete Album Collection') which, although not actually complete does includes 'Starsailor', 'Greetings From L.A.' and 'Works In Progress'. They are all essential.
He was one of the most innovative musicians from his era, always expanding his musical horizons and was blessed with the most extraordinary voice I ever heard. His music reaches parts that no one else came close to. I bought all of his LPs when they were first released and have treasured them ever since. An incredible musician that defies pigeonholing.
It would be a shame if the negative reviews posted by people who found his music too difficult put anyone off discovering him. Ignore them and give Tim Buckley a try, you might be one of the many lucky ones who can appreciate his genius and your life will be seriously enriched as a consequence.
2 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
All Tim Buckley's early albums in simple slipcases in an outer slipcase for a bargain price. I won't comment on the sound quality as I'm not an audiophile, but they sound pretty good to me. My one criticism is that the set is missing 'Starsailor' which would have finished off this set perfectly (and is the musical partner of the album 'Lorca' contained here). A bargain.
2 people found this helpful
on 13 August 2012
A superb collection that brings together Tim Buckley's first 5 albums in a well-priced package. Did I say well-priced? For what you get, it's astonishingly good value for money. No extras or bonus tracks, no liner notes or credits, just the original albums in mini LP sleeves. I've come to prefer these back to basics packages. I can't say whether the albums have been remastered but the sound quality, to my ears, is as good as the budget priced Starsailor Anthology, which I also highly recommend.
4 people found this helpful
on 28 July 2017
Great value pack of early albums, none of which I could afford when they were first released. Good sound quality, nifty little card sleeves; what's not to like? Some of it sounds rather dated now but some of it is sublime.
on 18 November 2017
Bargain 5 albums for the price of 1. Packaging a little lightweight but hey ho.
on 28 February 2017
excellent
on 8 December 2017
Jeff's dad and obviously his role model; life and music and painful parallel
on 24 February 2016
Wonderful set of the early albums
on 21 April 2017
Great buy!!!
on 13 February 2016
Great value for money,I realy enjoyed the albums.Thank you