• Customer reviews

on 26 June 2016
This charger is excellent value for money. The plug (computer end) came off my original charger and so I bought a very cheap replacement, the computer is only a back-up, not my main system, so I thought how bad can a charger be? The answer was very bad, it got very hot, after about 2 months the jack plug that connects it to the computer became so loose that actually getting it to charge was a nightmare of fiddling the plug around until it made contact, then the wire where it connects to the jack plug started to crack exposing the braid inside.
Then I bought the Hunterfield charger, this in my opinion is better than than the charger supplied with the laptop, the plug engages very positively with the laptop socket and it doesn't get as hot as the previous units. All-in-all an excellent piece of kit that will hopefully extend the life of my laptop for a few more years for an excellent price. The delivery was a lot quicker than I had expected as well.
on 17 September 2016
Bought to replace originally charger which had given up the ghost. This is a good quality product of solid construction. After my original charger died I was a bit apprehensive about buying a replacement as the originally charger didn't seem to last long and I assumed it would be of inferior quality not coming direct from the maker of my laptop. How wrong was I, so far this charger has lasted twice as long as the original and still going strong. Just goes to show that sometimes replacement parts are of a better quality and construction purchased from a different supplier. Charge time has not been effected. Quick delivery and well packaged.
on 8 April 2017
This replacement charger works well with my Acer. I've been using it every day for a few months, and i have had no problems with over-heating etc...
Worth the price. My previous replacement charger- RoHS (made in China) stopped working after a few months. I'll stick to Hunterfield UK products in the future.
on 27 May 2017
A replacement for the on misplaced in the house move. Of course I had no sooner bought this one than I found the original. This is an excellent replacement though. It arrived speedily and did exactly what I wanted. Brilliant!
on 30 December 2012
I initially chose a cheaper product than this and it nearly melted my carpet it got so hot and the fitting was terrible. So I decided I got what I paid for and plumped for this dearer model.

Suffice to say I have not been disappointed. The fitting is great, just like the original and the transformer brick part doesn't get up to nuclear hot temperatures like some other products.

I'd recommend this to all whose charger has broken and they want a reliable replacement
on 9 January 2016
The original chargers that come with acer laptops are 4.74A. This one simply does not have the power to keep the laptop running while playing games or watching movies. This ended up in the bin after the first day.

There is a much better charger by Lavolta for £15,50.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 6 May 2017
this charger claimed to be suitable for daughters laptop - so far charges perfectly. Keeps th elaptop working just fine
on 8 June 2014
When i received the charger everything was fine.
After a while when i used it more i found out that when you do some heavy stuff on your laptop and needs more power(e.g playing games) because the cpu is running faster the charger would stop charging.
I don't know if this was because the charger was faulty or this is how is the normal behavior is.
Just letting people know what i encountered.
on 14 March 2014
I received the charger within 2 days of ordering using the standard delivery so quite impressed. The charger itself is OK, doesn't get hot and does as required, I chose this one as it doesn't come with a mains lead, no need as my existing one is OK
I have only had the item a few days so cannot comment on long term usage. I would certainly use this seller again.
on 3 February 2014
My charger broke bought this as a replacement. It arrived 3 days before the estimated delivery on the free supersaver deliver and was in good condition. It was exactly like my old broken one, fitted the computer and my old wire with the plug fitted in to it, perfect replacement.