Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

VINE VOICEon 1 November 2015
Oh yes, Steel Panther rock, FACT!!!
Along with the glorious Feel The Steel, Balls Out is quite probably amongst the most outrageous music committed to a CD. The best thing of all though is, aside from gloriously sending up 80s metal, these guys can play and sing remarkably well. In fact they are awesome. When told of this legendary outfit I was expecting something totally ridiculous and pointless. It was a welcome shock to find out how wrong I was.
If you have a sense of humour and a love of 80s metal, Steel Panther in all their glory are required listening!
on 7 November 2011
Addictive and hilarious, Steel Panther's latest offering, Balls Out, even manages to outshine their previous album, Feel the Steel. Don't believe me? Then check out Supersonic Sex Machine, Just Like Tiger Woods, 17 Girls in a Row, It Won't Suck Itself, I Like Drugs, Critter, well, just about every track is a gem. Even the weaker tracks such as That's What Girls Are For and Weenie Ride are better than anything else anyone else is currently doing.

I haven't stopped listening to this album since I got it. With this, Steel Panther prove that they are something quite special and I look forward to see what they do next.
on 7 August 2015
I love Steel Panther!! They are hilarious!! This is my second CD by SP. Although it is not as funny as Feel The Steel(IMO), it is still pretty awesome. I am a big fan of hard rock/heavy metal.
on 26 July 2016
I love the Steel Panther and Amazon United Kingdom help me to complete my Panther collection! Thank you!
on 1 November 2011
So here it is, the much awaiting "difficult second album" from Steel Panther. Are they worried? Not from the sound of this they're not.

The Panther are back with another rip-roaring, hardcore and definitely un-PC collection of metal masterpieces to take those of us old enough to remember back to the glorious excesses of 1980s heavy metal. So first, the burning question? Is this CD as good as "Feel The Steel"? IMHO the answer is a definite "No", but that's not to say it's a bad record.

The songs musically are all outstanding, with the whole band rocking as hard as any "serious" band, especially Satchel who really is an unbelievably good guitar player, throwing out killer riffs and lightning solos like confetti at a wedding. Michael Starr's vocals are also outstanding and the quality of the production and mix are really excellent. Everything is clear and chrisp and this sounds like a truely great rock album should.

So where does it fall short for me? I loved the first album as each song was an obvious homage to a particular band; Whitesnake, Van Halen, Iron Maiden etc... but this album sounds, on the whole, like Steel Panther. The sound and feel of most songs are pretty similar (but that's not necessarily a bad thing). Lyrically, the songs aren't as funny either as there are only so many ways to say knob, bitch and bum sex before it starts to get a bit repetitive.

All that being said, you can't help but love a record that has song titles like "It Won't Suck Itself" (which features Chad Kroegar of Nickleback on guest vocals and a blistering guitar solo from Nuno Bettencourt of Extreme/Rhianna fame). Tiger Woods gets a song in his honour and is namechecked elsewhere on the CD, along with easy targets Charlie Sheen, Britney Spears and Keifer Sutherland. For me though, the best song on the CD is Gold Digging Whore, if only for the spelling section of the song which is actually comedy genius (well, it made me laugh anyway). Other highlights are the single, "If You Really Really Love Me", "Tomorrow Night" and "Why Can't You Trust Me".

I was really enjoying the CD up loud on my car autochanger, especially when a song started that sounded like a great homage to Megadeth, that was until I realised about 2 minutes into the song that my changer had actually switched to the new Megadeth CD Th1rte3n, that I also bought today. Maybe that's the ultimate tribute to Steel Panther; that you can't see the join where the Panther end and the "serious" metal bands begin. :-)

Steel Panther are opening for Motley Crue (one of my all time favorite metal bands) and Def Leppard on tour in the UK soon and I've already got my tickets. A lot of the crowd will probably not be there early enough to catch Steel Panthers set, which is a shame as they are likely to be the hardest rocking, most "balls out" entertaining band on the bill.
on 31 October 2011
I have been unashamedly waiting for this for what seems like forever....and its finally here.
Is it any good?.......Oh yeah, you bet,and a superb follow up to Feel The Steel
It shreds, it wails, it screams, it squeals, but most importantly, it rocks.....HARD.
Influences from across the whole 80s metal spectrum are here for all to see. Crue, Poison, Whitesnake, Warrant, Skid Row, Jovi, Dokken, the list is endless, and every listen throws up more.
Killer tracks just crash by, one after another, and first track proper, 'Supersonic Sex Machine' is a barn stormer and really gets things off on the right foot, it could almost pass for a straight ahead rock song, however, tongue becomes firmly implanted into cheek from here on in. 'Just like Tiger Woods' and '17 girls in a row' are typically hilarious Panther tracks, 'If you really really love me' absolutely floored me, ridiculously funny, as is 'It wont suck itself'.
Its not just a joke-athon though, sure, the subject matter is not entirely pc, they look like they've just arrived from 1984 in a time machine, but these guys are not taking the mick, they are paying homage to a time gone by, a time that shaped them musically, a time that they dont want to forget. The songs are strong, the playing is fantastic, and in Michael Starr,they have a truly superb frontman, with the pipes to back up the hype.
If you are easily offended then click away right now, you wont approve. However, if you are up for a party, if you fancy a trip down the sunset strip, then drop this in your basket right now.
It ain't big, it ain't clever, and its all the better for it.

Only one thing left to say......GET IT......just keep it away from the kids.
on 24 July 2012
These guys were unknown to me until i went to Download 2012 - they stole the show on Saturday afternoon - crowd went mental - it's great to know the rebellious nature of wild rock is still alive and kicking with balls of steel.... and Ben Stiller !!!!
on 2 November 2011
...and Tiger Woods. Like a previous reviewer, I've been waiting for a follow-up to 'Feel The Steel' for too long. 'Balls Out' does NOT disappoint. Quite the opposite. It's even BETTER than it's predecessor. It's been a long time since I've said this and actually meant it sincerely, but there IS NOT a weak track amongst the 14 songs on the album. I've just spent the last hour rocking out to the polished grooves while at the same time sniggering like a schoolboy to the lyrics. Not sure this can be called 'parody' because it's entirely in a class of its own. Highlights for me? The whole thing. 'Supersonic Sex Machine' kicks like a heavy metal mule in spandex and snakeskin. 'Just Like Tiger Woods' might be the best hard rock song I've ever heard in my life. It's certainly the funniest. Careful if you happen to be drinking coffee and listening to 'Tomorrow Night' while you're commuting to work. I accidentally snorted half the cup when I heard the last line of the first chorus. The people on the carriage thought I was having some kinda fit or something. Whatever, it was worth it. Heavy metal's BACK!! Buy this.
on 3 December 2011
Yet agian the mighty Steel Panther have delivered a masterpiece that is the vain of the Classic Hair Metal bands of the 1980's. From start to finish it is oh so easy to hear the influences of bands such as Bon Jovi, Motley Crue & the like. The musicianship is of the highest quality showing that far from being a skit on the genre, these guys are actually the real deal. For anyone wanting thumping bass lines & shredding guitars this is right up your street. The lyrics are in vain of their first release & at times bring a wry smile to your face. Would this be something that i would recommend to others TOO RIGHT I WOULD!!!!!!
on 7 November 2011
If you're not new to Steel Panther, it's basically more of the same, and there's nothing wrong with that.

If you are new to Steel Panther: do you like satire, irony, double entendres, innuendo and occaisional outright crudity and would you like that to be delivered in a musically nicely presented 'package' (pun intended)?

Though I think that to be absolutley strict, it's not exactly edifying. I don't think they're breaking musical ground. I don't think they intend to. It's purely intended for entertainment, and delivers just that.

Purchase recommended for people who like humour or music.