on 21 June 2017
I enjoyed the first of the trilogy a was happy to get hold of this second installment.
It was pretty much a reset, with Fitz sickly and prince regal in full control of the situation.
It's like the events at the end of book one were erased, the red ships still raid and the forged ones still roam.
Regal still plots and his coterie are up to no good.
Overall, it was slowly paced and had less action than the first one but maybe the third will improve
on 18 November 2015
I much prefer the Robin hobbs style of writing from this author. And love the world she has created of the six duchess with the assasin and tawny man books and also love the bingtown traders mad ship set. Looking forward to reading the dragon follow on that I have not read yet.
I had all the others in paperback and read royal assassin recently after already enjoying the depth of the characters and storyline in the othe books from these series. If you like sci-Fi fantasy this is a must read. I have read so many books in this genre and Robin hobbs style is one of the best I have come across.
on 26 March 2017
The Farseer trilogy is amazing. Hobb has a writing style that just has me unable to put the book down, even in early hours of the morning. I've cried over characters and I don't think I've felt this emotionally invested in characters in many books before.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 28 June 2017
This one continues the series with almost the same sense of authenticity that the first generated. I found it less gripping than the first and as the supernatural side grew in importance it became less convincing.
on 29 April 2017
One of my all-time favourite series. Great writing, amazing characters, fantastic plot. But do read Assassin's Apprentice first.
on 19 April 2015
These books are almost the pinacle 9f fantasy writing. If you like fantasy and you haven't read them yet. I advise you do. Now.
on 19 July 2017
Great continuation to the saga, very thrilling in fact
on 11 May 2017
The book is lovely but the sleeve unfortunately has arrived slightly damaged
on 27 September 2015
Great read
on 10 July 2013
If you enjoyed the first book you will enjoy this just as much if not more. Fitz's journey, growth and story continues in great form.