Customer reviews

on 8 November 2011
This is the second book in the series, the first book is 'Fury'. They can be read stand alone but I personally would start from the begining and read 'Fury' book first. Dr Trisha Norbit works in a regular hospital and enjoys her job, when a patient is rushed in she finds herself pinned under him on the hospital bed. Months later she bumps into the man known as Slade who pinned her to the bed but he doesnt recognise her which hurts her as she hasn't been able to stop thinking about him, but he is attracted to her and sometimes he is crude, which she doesn't like. In fact he has made her mad! I won't say too much more as there is a whole lot of excitment and action in this story as well as the development of relationships and the emotional rollercoaster with this story. This is a great story and series.
on 15 September 2013
I made a mistake and thought that this was the first book of the series, when I realised, I was already hooked and HAD to continue. Don't worry, the author explained everything I needed to know to fully enjoy this book - and I did - so it can be read as a stand alone, well done author. The cover, covers the book well, so I won't repeat. My first impression, was that it reminded me of the Lora Leigh's Breed series, which was great because I loved her earlier books, so I knew I was onto a winner! Yes, there are similarities, but again, there's not, you will have to read the book to see what I mean? I loved the way the author included so many wonderful characters - Harley, Brass, Moon and Valiant - their interaction with each other was brilliant and the "one liners" were amazing, so again full marks to the author (she must have had so many laughs writing them). The storyline had everything I wanted in a book - goodies and baddies, hot, hot sex and romance (when Slade got his act together) and a great storyline with fight action as well! so why then only 4*?, well two reasons. The first, was the formatting. The speech between characters ran into each other, so it was confusing as to who was talking and then who responded. Once I got used to it, it was easier but never the less frustrating. The second and the biggest reason for 4* and not 5*, was the ending! It just stopped! I kept thinking that my download was incomplete and that I lost some pages on the way. But no, on checking the page count, it was correct. Come on author, you wrote a excellent long book, good detail and then you didn't finish it off? I don't understand, so it lost you a star rating. Having said all that, I can't wait to read the next book, it should be Fury's, remember I thought this book was the first in the series, but I have to read "Valiant's book first and I can't wait! Highly recommended.
on 8 December 2014
I am up to book eight now and i love this series! The characters are real with real issues of trying to live with their freedom. I love that no matter what book you are on you are always checking in with the characters from books before hand, finding out what is going on and what issues everyone is facing and the battles they all need to stand together together to beat. I love the books, their stories and of course the very sexy and steamy OMG where the hell is my husband scenes throughout the book. :) Thankyou Laurann for your awesome work :)
on 6 November 2011
Another worthy book from Laurann Dohner. This is the second in the series, probably best to read them in order, similar idea to other authors but well written and lots of sparks, fun and a good all round read.
on 11 March 2012
this has been a fantastic read and i cant wait to read the next one. would recommend to anyone who loves a good story with plenty of spice.
on 4 November 2014
I'm new to this series I found a review on 'Smiley' and knew I had to read this book, it was a bit of a shock to discover it was actually book 13 in a series which had somehow eluded me, it was recommended that they be read in order so I'm slowly working my way through them.
'Fury' was interesting and intriguing and I wasn't surprised that this was such a long series since the possibilities seem endless.
I have to admit that I was a bit disappointed with this book, no, let me correct that I was disappointed with the first half of this book, for me personally they spent far too long in the woods but the second half was wonderful, I love every new character that gets introduced and can't wait to get to their books. Slade annoyed the hell out of me at times but of course I grew to love him by the end.
I'd rate the first half of this book 2 stars and the second half 5 so I'm settling on 4 and now I'm on to Valiant.
on 1 October 2014
Misunderstandings keep them apart, but when Trisha’s life is in danger, Slade is the only one who can save her. As they flee through the wilderness, their desires cannot be denied, but the consequences may be even more dangerous and will change their lives forever in this riveting paranormal romance.

This fast paced and smooth flowing plot holds readers captive with lots of action, suspense and passion. The story comes to life with well written scenes and details that capture the imagination and the fascinating world ensures that the readers want to know more. The action scenes are exciting and believable and the strong, bewitching characters draw the readers deeper into the story.

Due to some misunderstandings, Slade and Trisha have avoided their attraction for each other, but when circumstances throw them together in the wilderness they can no longer fight their strong desires, the relationship is far from perfect through more misunderstandings and the consequences of their time together is more complicated than anything they have dealt with so far, but the sex scenes are hot enough to burn down the wilderness…now if they could just get those pesky misunderstandings under control. The reader can’t help but get caught up in this roller coaster relationship and fascinating interaction between Trisha and Slade and anticipation builds as the reader waits to find out just how they handle the latest development in the New Species world.

The humans are still causing havoc in the New Species world with new enemies and betrayals ensuring they don’t catch a break. There is never a dull moment in Slade and Trisha’s story which kept me spellbound until I had read every last world and I can’t wait to discover what happens next. A side note: The story can be read as a stand-alone but I recommend reading the series in sequence to get the full understanding and impact of the New Species’ fight to exist.
on 20 March 2014
Slade and Dr Trisha.
Slade, Trisha and another human are travelling between camps when they are run off the road. The human driving the vehicle thinks because he's human the people chasing them won't hurt him. They killed him instead. Slade helps Dr Trisha and they end up mating. Slade thinks he will put Trisha in danger so he stays away from her thinking she would be safer . Trisha ends up pregnant with the very first New Species/ human baby. I'm loving this series so far and can't wait to read more.
on 29 December 2013
Slade and Trisha have met before. its just Slade cant remember and its really pissing Trisha off! so she gives him a helping hand and reminds him when they met, he pinned her to the bed, with all intentions of mounting her. THEN he recalls the red head with the sweet scent who he has dreamed about for the past year!

Sent on a mission to the New Order Reservation, their truck is forced off the road and Slade and Trisha are on the run for their lives.

Again, from Fury's book, there is sex in this book, but not as much as you'd expect from and Ellora's Cave publication, but then again, Trisha and Slade spend most of this book apart!

I love the background story, the New Order's fight for their place in the world, and the idiots who wish to stop them. We meet several new charcters, as well as some previous ones, along with a whole new set of people who have suffered more, and are more animal than human. the road is laid for the next book, Valiant.

I already have Valiant waiting to be read, but reading the blur on all the other books, its all New Order male with human female. I would like to have seen some the other way round, so whether or not I will get them all, remains to be seen. they are all on my wish list though :-)
on 1 September 2012
What a brilliant read. Well thought out. The characters hold their own. I've really got to know them. Someone mentioned J R Ward writing was simular and I have to agree.
Slade's story is just as exciting as Fury's. Plenty of fighting and sex with a very clever twist.
I can honestly picture the scene's and people that the author as created.
Keep it up Laurann, You've got a gift..