on 15 April 2013
I recently bought this as part of a budget build to replace my previous desktop - an old Pentium D Compaq. This is an awesome processor for the price.

This little champion benchmarks at five times the speed of my old cpu, which was originally part of a PC that cost over 1000 in 2006.

Anyway, after running such an outdated machine for so long, this is a huge jump up in response and performance. I am in awe that this kind of computing power can be picked up for around £50 today. Web-browsing, multi-tasking, hd video and other general multi-media applications are smooth and uninterrupted. I plan on putting in a decent graphics card at some stage, and from the information that I have read online this cpu is perfectly capable of providing high performance on the latest games.

If you are looking for super high performance image/video/music editing capabilities then you shouldn't be considering a £50 cpu. For all other applications this will be perfectly acceptable.

Don't let its low price fool you. The Sandy Bridge microarchitecture is extremely powerful, and even though this is on the lower end of that family of processors, it is a very capable cpu.
44 Comments| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 March 2013
Awesome CPU for budget build, more then enough oomph for casual gaming when paired with a decent graphics card!
Buy it!!
on 19 April 2014
You can not go wrong with this for the price, it's fast enough to play most games decently (with setting turned down) and can handle most things that I do with it. However if you were gaming I would suggest buying a i3, i5 or even a i7 however these are significantly more expensive and if you are on a budget they are no ideal and I would just buy this instead (like I did). All in all a great product for a buget PC.
on 21 December 2013
this intel pentium g860 procesor work fantastic
for my computer is great i dont have any problem with this
good procesor
on 15 April 2014
Great budget processor for a Mame cabinet. Stock cooler comes with this unit and is fairly quiet and does as it should
on 14 June 2014
This is a great processor for general use, however I would not recommend it for gaming at all outside minecraft
on 8 April 2013
I bought this processor for my build.
My build was not a budget build and this was the only part i cheaped out on.
I guess you pay for what you get.
For the price it is great.
But don't expect to be doing much multi tasking on this little dual core.
Its fine with some games but does cause hang time on others.
I will now buy the Core i5 3470 and try the sell this one.
If it were for a budget build I would give it 5 stars!!
44 Comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 May 2013
It works as expected. Temperature and fan are lower than comparable LGA775 processors. Fine thing for a normal user, office etc.