Customer reviews

Size: XXL|Colour: White/Vanilla|Change

on 29 November 2014
I was looking for a warm, waterproof jacket for my chihuahua cross, but was having great difficulty as she is 13 inches in length but skinny. so, I ordered this little coat without much hope.
And it fits!!!

The coat is very warm, with a padded interior. It has two zipper places for different type of harness, so good. I don't know yet whether it is waterproof as it has only been worn in a light winter shower, but it is not too thick and heavy so should dry easily in any case.

A couple of things which may cause problems....
1. This coat does not cover much of the dog's side body. Yes, it has a fold-under piece to protect the tummy (very easy to slip over the head), but it doesn't go down very low at the sides, so the dog is getting very warm on the back and tummy, but its sides may get a little cold (my dog didn't seem to mind though...). My dog is slightly barrel-chested but skinny and even on her skinny bits the coat doesn't go that low down.

2. The head opening has a zip - it zips up the front of the neck. I was a little concerned about catching it in my dog's fur, but I haven't...yet. It was also quite tight when zipped up completely, and my dog has quite a small neck (but furry).
I did notice that when the zip was done up, when walking my dog and she pulled a little, it pulled across her throat and she made a choking noise. Nothing at all serious, and the harness pulling the jacket back probably caused this. But just something to be aware of.

3. Like many dog coats, this one uses slim pieces of elastic to fit around the dog's back legs and hold the coat in place. My little dog hates these and always walks like a crab when wearing them. In most coats it doesn't matter whether the leg elastic is worn or not, but because of the shape of this coat, it does. Without the leg fittings worn, the jacket slips sideways very easily. (I still haven't worked-out how to deal with this yet... I may move the position of the straps as I think this will help).

4. The measurements given on this page for a Small size are I think incorrect. This coat fits my dog who is 13 inches/33cms from neck to tail and it fits her length well, but the measurements say this is 39cm. I actually checked out the correct measurements for Small on other displays of this particular jacket and they say 33.8cms, which I think is the correct size. It certainly was for the jacket I purchased anyway.

Overall, this is an easy-to-put on, warm, (hopefully) waterproof coat and, with the reservations given above, I think it's a very good buy, especially for those who want to buy a warm dog coat which works with a harness.
on 22 January 2015
Purchased this after returning a size L coat that was just a little too small to be worn comfortably by my dog. I purchased this coat early last year. We both love Buster products, the quality of the clothing is fantastic and I have a very fussy pup who won't put a paw outside when there's the slightest bit of water. But he loves strutting around the streets in his coat.

This coat is very thick, (hence winter coat) so is not suitable for use year round (unless you live somewhere very cold). I use a combination of the Buster Raincoat on warmer days and the Buster Winter Coat for winter days.

There are leg straps on this coat which I chose to remove as my dog was not having any of it, I ended up having to cut them off to prevent them annoying my dog as he is walking. I can see how they are a good idea if your dog doesn't mind, however the coat functions perfectly without them. The back doesn't flat up as he is running around due to the way to coat fastens around the chest and waist.

This product exceeds expectations and will make your dog look very smart. I have recommended to all my friends and I'm sure my dog has done the same!
on 12 March 2016
Dogs love em
on 8 August 2014
fits a treat thanks
on 9 November 2012
As I'm new to owning a little dog didn't realise how cold they get. He likes the jacket and I'm impressed it has openings so I can use a harness or collar to walk him, so few have the harness option which is so kinder when the dog only weighs 3.5kgs
on 11 April 2013
Just the job this winter, has kept our pup warm & clean. Easy to fit, with or without legs straps - our dog chewed through one.
on 23 November 2013
This is really easy to put on and adjust. It fits our Griffon Bruxellois perfectly and keeps him warm and dry.
on 25 February 2014
I asked about the size and was told small would be best. We were OK till the straps under the back had to be used and they went right up her bum. I tried sewing them further apart but no luck so we are looking for a new smaller home for this coat.A shame cos the coat is lovely but our Millie walked like a crab in it and couldn't poo.
on 24 January 2016
Great quality jacket but my dachshund won't wear it cause it makes a crinkly/rustly noise when he walks so he's petrified of it!
on 29 January 2015
Keeps our Dobbie warm and dry during the winter.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse