on 27 November 2014
I'll start by saying that I'm a PC user and not an Xbox 360 user, which I understood to be the main target users for this headset. Nether-the-less it was available as a deal, so for the money I was happy to invest. As others have commented the packaging is that horrible formed plastic that can shred figures with ease, however I don't count this as a product flaw, it's merely a 5 minute annoyance.

The headset feels sturdy enough and quite large in your hands. The main reason for the size is to accommodate the large drivers in each side. The headset comes with a plethora of cables aimed at Xbox 360 and HDMI type connectivity. The cables seem of a good quality and if you're a 360 user they are of a good length too. If you aim to use this on a PC (as I did) then you will not use 75% of the cables in the box and instead just plug the headset into the output and mic jacks on your PC. The connecting cables is slick flat design, but I have my reservations about how this will stand up to the test of time given the delicate nature of them. My main issue (being a PC user) is that in the cables are relatively short (i'd say 1 metre). So if you're aiming to connect to the rear of the PC (i.e. into the soundcard) then this may be an issue for you.

Once your using them the sound quality is good for the money, with good bass response as you'd expect given the size of the drivers.
on 5 June 2015
sounds great and does the job, had it for 5wks now playing online most days, microphone to in game background noise could be better but that down to master controls the overall microphone volume which kinda defeats the purpose of the separate mic volume button, but for the price you cant grumble
on 9 December 2015
I purchased it mainly for pc but I was disappointed to see very short cable and I mean really short. I also realised the headset was quite big for an average person,after putting it on my ears, it just looked huge so bare that in mind, head set is quite BIG!
Furthermore, from the picture you you'de think the build quality must be great but after unpacking and picking up the headset, it felt so light...I realised the build quality is basically nothing but plastic and didn't feel very solid in heads.
I can't say much about sound quality, I'm sure it must be great being a Creative product.
I guess this product is made for Xbox 360 first and pc second, so I wouldn't recommend it for pc gamers to be honest.
So I've returned it.
on 8 July 2016
Best pair of headphones I had so far. I have owned more expensive headphones than these, but nothing as great as these. These replaced a pair of Turtle Beach X12 which broke, they have identical setup, but Creative are net superior. I use them on PC at the moment, even if they are meant for Xbox/PS.

The bass is extremely powerful and deep, without any distortions and without covering the high and treble. They are loud as hell as well, I keep PC volume on 100% and the headphones on 2/10. When I listen to the music loud, can't go higher 5/10, hurts my ears. They seem to be sturdy in construction. Very comfortable. The ear cups are pivoting making them fit any head shape easily. I wear them 5-10 hours is a session without any problems.

My friends on Team Speak or Skype said the microphone is good and clear, it has zero noise or static. It is detachable as well, if you don't plan to use a mic.

They are amazing overall, can listen to music or movies, and also for games.
To connect them to the PC you will need to buy 2 x 3.5mm jack audio extenders: 1 x male-male (for line out - speakers) and 1 x male-female (for the microphone). These cables are 1£ on eBay, so no issues there.

I had Sennheiser, Philips, Turtle Beach, A4Tech, Enzatec and other headphones and can say these are the best I had so far. After reading reviews for many hours, I decided on these. I was reluctant at first, seeing the low price, but I am glad I bought them. My budget was 50£, but these were less than half, so a very big bang for the money. Recommend!
on 4 February 2015
I bought the headset as part of the Black Friday deals for around £30 and I would have happily paid a few pounds more.
I use the headset for PC gaming although they do seem to be more specifically marketed for the xbox. It is very simple to set up, just plug in the cables and off you go. The headset is very comfortable to wear for extended periods of time despite not seeming too flexible and the sound quality is good.
The headset can appear loud to people in the room and on a couple of occasions I have received scowls from the SO when it can be heard above the TV but then again headsets are not designed for being sociable.
I would certainly recommend this headset to friends and I am very happy with my purchase.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 26 January 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I use headphones almost every day - on my PC and on my console. So when I received these I was delighted; that was until I tried to get them out of the casing.

The packaging is heat sealed thick plastic which is extremely difficult to cut in it's own right; that's before you add the "shaping" of the sleeve to the finger slicing equation, and you will be lucky if you can remove them from the plastic container without slicing some flesh off your hand.

Once you have the headset and various parts out of the covering you have to work out which bit does what. Fortunately for me, there are instructions which tell you which of the 5 parts attaches to the headset and how they attach to the games console.

The first thing I tried was using them on my PC. To do this all you need to do is plug the headphones in using the 2 pins that are attached to the headset; and then, if you require it, you can plug the microphone in.

I use Dragon NaturallySpeaking when preparing documents so a good headset microphone is vital to me, and I am pleased to say that this microphone works excellently. It picks up the spoken words without a problem. Repositioning it is easy as it comes on a flexible stalk.

I also use internet communications to talk to friends who are living in other countries and they had no problem hearing what I was saying, and I had no problem hearing them.

Next I decided to try it on my console. I put in one of my favourite games to see if the effects were any different, and the answer was yes, they were. Compared to my "old" microphone headset the sound was crisper and the base line which seemed to be missing was right there adding to the atmosphere.

It was time for me to bite the proverbial bullet and I slipped in my latest Assassin's Creed (Revelations) and popped into multiplayer mode. Heaven's save me from people who decide not to talk tactics and team work, or even undertake some sledging, but decide that the game is the appropriate place to discuss what they are having (or have just had) to eat. Argh, get thee to Twitter.

Yet, I must admit, the vocal additions to the discussions were clearer than I have experienced at other times.

So, is there anything I have a problem with? Unfortunately, yes. The headphones themselves are too big for me. The ear pieces would fit perfectly if only I could make the headphone bar a little smaller. It is too long for my head, meaning that the ear pieces themselves are being pushed down causing a degree of discomfort on the tops of my ears. They are, however, a standard one-size-fits-all headset which means that I can now tell my friends that I am not a big head and prove it!

They are heavier than my usual microphone headset, but I started to get used to the weight difference after several days of usage.

The ear pieces have a good level of padding which encases my ears completely, but it does not cut out all the external sound, it just dulls it.

The ear pieces also fold 90 degrees meaning that they are "flat" for storage when not in use, or if you are taking them with you on a journey they can be packed with less trouble and less space than fixed ear pieces.

Overall, these are excellent headphones; I just wish I could make the frame a little smaller.
on 29 December 2012
Hi everyone,

This a great headset for the money.

THE PROS: clear sound, good bass and treble, in-game sound direction excellent (you can easily tell where other players are in relation to yourself), very comfortable snug earpieces (GREAT IF YOU WEAR GLASSES, and blocks background noise very well), very well made, has a detachable mic if you don't want to chat, long wires (contrary to previous feedback).

THE CONS: slightly on the heavy side, flat headband cushion (a curved one may have been more comfortable?), audio adapter needed to connect to xbox (if using HDMI).

On the whole a very good buy - I would recommend them!

Enjoy x
on 12 June 2016
Used as PC headphones and Mic for music/skype it gives decent sound. Might be worth getting two 3.5mm extender cables since the cable from the headphones directly is just over a metre I'd guess. Comes with an ugly Xbox360 volume control but fortunately it's not attached to the main unit.
on 18 August 2012
I found this product excellent for the price I paid for them. I was not expecting an amazing headset, but they worked great for me. The one problem with this headset is that you needed to order extra components for it to work with HDMI. This is because the wires which come with it are designed for an AV connection with the Xbox360 ONLY!!!! Even though it says the two components needed are optional, they are not if you use HDMI! There are two extra cables which are needed with HDMI output. For reference, if you want to order with headset here are the two cables needed and a link (The best prices I found - There could be cheaper):
RCA cable: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0007RQY7E/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00
Audio Adapter(Comes with HDMI cable, but is the cheapest one (even for ones selling without HDMI cable)): http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003Q958RW/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

Once I got these, the headset worked perfectly!!
I do recommend them!

**PS. Overall these extra cables costed roughly 5 pounds.
on 9 September 2015
A great pair of headphones both for chat and just listening to game audio/music extremely comfortable (I can wear them for multiple hours while working with 0 discomfort probably my favorite feeling headphones) the only problem I've had with them is the 3.5mm connector is quite badly put together as i have only had them about 2-3 weeks and I can already tell that it's starting to break keep in mind I'm very careful with all the equipment I use these headphones don't leave my workstation at home and are not being stressed by where they are connected on my computer I still lose hearing sometimes in the left driver this isn't a huge problem though for me as I am very capable of just replacing the 3.5mm connection by soldering in a new stronger one but this may be just a fault with my headphones as it is common for that part to easily break from little things so it would have been 5 stars but I dropped it down to 4 because of said issues.