Customer reviews

Big Waterplay Niagara

on 27 December 2014
Apart from some minor gripes, it's absolutely perfect and my nephew loved it to bits. If you've got the space, it's a really excellent toy.

Assembly is a little difficult, and really I don't think a child could put it together very readily. It took three adults half an hour to assemble it out of the box and there was a lot of humming and hawing and "Am I doing this right?" moments. The joints don't really click together, and you often have to brute force things. Despite this, nothing broke, and the joints were all watertight (although my nephew quickly managed to splash water everywhere. No real surprises there). Once assembled it was sturdy and we were able to move it with no bother.

The other wee problem was the boats that come with it, which I think are just kind of naff. Some of them aren't watertight, so wind up filling up with water, making them totally useless. In general they're just a bit too big and fat. The canals themselves are massive, and you could scoot decent sized boat toys around them no problem, but the ones that come with it are just a little unwieldy. Not holding this against it, though, because it's easy to get- or make- other boats to put into it. What you're buying here is the canals, and they're beyond reproach.

I looked through a few Big Waterplay sets before finding this one, and it seems to be the only one with a lock/pump/slide mechanism. This is the best part- allowing your child to raise boats up with the pump, then send them down the slide on a torrent of water. It's great fun and a very cool mechanical lesson too. I was a little dubious as to whether it would all work at first, but it works a charm. The pump, the watertight gates and the lock all work. If you're after one of the Big Waterplay sets but don't know which one to choose, I'd highly recommend this one for that mechanic alone.

I think this is a really fantastic "uncle" gift- tons of fun, but does tend to get water everywhere, so if you can give it to a niece or nephew and then clear out before you have to clean up, it's the best!
on 2 August 2014
My 4 year old son loves this!
on 5 March 2016
We wasn't expecting the good quality and sturdiness of the water play it's perfect for our destructive son
on 1 January 2015
Good toy but you need to ensure all the pieces are firmly interlocked. It's not hard to achieve this.
on 19 August 2013
Great value, good quality. 3 different layouts are possible. No probs with leaks, Obviously gets bit splashy. Great fun re the process of getting the boats moving ( or blocked if you decide one boat is a villain's!) and lots of scope for imaginative play. Small kids from around 2 would get a big kick out of it and plenty of pleasure to be gained from it I'm guessing for up to 9 or 10 if bigger siblings. My 6 yr old girl loves it and so do I her 43 yr old mother. Am sure Dad will too, Good price compared to others on market. Prompt delivery. Very pleased with it. have also used it dry as a run for zoo zoo hamsters and hex bugs. Big so need space.
on 31 July 2013
My 7 year old boy LOVES this toy, and I knew he would. I am so impressed with the price and the quality of it. The plastic is not cheap or flimsy but robust and pretty thick. The rubber seals around the joints work a treat. The selection of water vehicles is interesting and fun and I love that you can turn the handle on one of the pop-in bits and create a current to send the boats round the canals. It is possible to play with this toy alone, all you do is sit near the pump and move the pop-in current maker to one of the closer sections of canal. We have lego divers swimming around and the odd matchbox car dropping in for a swim just to add to the fun. Now looking for the add on toys for this series :O)
on 17 June 2013
This Waterplay set is amazing and lots of fun for my grandchildren. The quality of the product is very good and it was easy to assemble. Great value for money.
on 8 June 2015
Came with part missing, a connector. Apparantly it is too late to request an exchange as I had it in storage un-opened waiting for the weather to warm up... so disappointing as the children can't use it until I manage to get hold of one from somewhere. I advise buyers to check their boxes straight away.
on 21 March 2015
First one came with part missing and so did replacement which arrived a day later... But I had naughtily taken one piece of connection when returning previous box so that if there was a problem I wouldn't have to build dismantle rebox again. And sure enough the replacement which was brand new too had one piece missing (connector) ... But I had the spare piece !! So relieved! I hope the manufacturer/supplier recognises this problem
on 22 July 2013
HAVE JUST BOUGHT THIS FOR GRANDSON, MY OWN SON HAD THIS WHEN HE WAS TINY IT NEVER WORE OUT AND HE NEVER TIRED OF IT I GAVE IT TO THE NEIGHBOURS KIDS AFTER 10 YEARS OF USE. KIDS HAVE SO MUCH FUN WITH THIS AND HAVING A SMALL AMOUNT OF WATER THEY ARE SAFE HOWEVER VERY LITTLE ONES STILL NEED WATCHING.