on 2 January 2013
Being an optimistic male, I decided to purchase the cable ignoring the bad reviews. However, this obviously did not work out for me as the cable in fact do not work. I feel so silly.
on 19 February 2013
I tried plugging and unpluging the cables a couple of times but couldn't get it to work. In fairness to the seller I did not send it back so I may just have been unlucky.
on 14 December 2012
Although this appears to be a good idea, it did not work for me, I would not recommend it unless you are certain it will work in your situation.
on 5 March 2014
I bought 2 of these on a punt. They were pretty cheap..... Just as well, they don't work. I tried Component to HDMI and HDMI to component, neither worked!

HDMI OUTPUT: PS3 - TV, Xbox360 - TV. PC - TV.

Hauppauge PVR (component) - TV (HDMI)

HDMI OUTPUT: PS3 - PVR, Xbox360 - PVR. PC - PVR.

I got nothing, no signals at all from either cable!
on 20 October 2013
Extremely poor. Wish I'd read other reviews. Picture quality is so poor its like my Black and White in the 80's

No thanks
on 17 May 2013
after reading other reveiews on this product had to still try it to see if it would work connecting my samsung bd-e5500xu smart blu ray to my samsung hd ready ps42b451b2xxu plasma tv.but no it doesnt work even tried it on bluray to full hd tv and still doesnt work.my advice is save your money it doesnt do what it says its a con!!!!
on 26 June 2013
Dont be fooled this cable does not work at all, after buying it and it not working I looked in to it more (really should have before hand) and this "conversion" this cable does can ONLY be done via hardware not just a simple cable as HDMI is digital and component is analog.
on 14 March 2012
Does not work. Tried it with four different types of equipment. I don't think it can work with anything frankly without a built in signal converter which should be made clear. This is only mentioned in the product description and is confusing. The seller did offer a prompt refund though.
on 8 August 2013
This Item Does not work on most electricals that i have tried including HP pavilion G7 (Laptop), LG 47" led TV, Philips surround sound home cinema system, PS3, Xbox 360. I think that if it does not work on these items then it is useless and a wast of money
on 29 October 2013
This arrived reasonably promptly, but that positive was outweighed by the fact that it simply didn't work. Despite having very tech- savvy flatmates and an excellent tv, we could not make use of this wire - very disappointed.