on 20 July 2012
Ease of use of a Mac but powerful enough underneath for most uses! It brings the excitement I experienced when I bought my first manual SLR a long time back. A feeling I've never had with digital before.
This camera sets the bar for the next round of digital cameras. A few accessories can improve the experience - eye-fi card, VF-2 viewfinder, MCON-P01 close-up attachment, 9-18mm lens and some adaptors and you're set for just about anything.
on 9 July 2013
This must be the best value micro four thirds camera kit on the market.
The results I have had so far have far exceeded my expectations. The auto focus is lightning fast and the number six art filter is the most wonderful tool I have ever had for landscape photography.
I have since bought the electronic viewfinder, which makes the camera far easier to handle in bright light.
The camera is so compact and light, but with a sensor six times the size of most similar sized compacts, I take it with me wherever I go. Even on my bike rides.
Very, very highly recommended and the best £299 I have ever spent. I have a top of the range Canon DSLR outfit I use for bird photography - my main hobby - but find I am using my little PEN camera more than the Canon.
on 4 January 2013
I believe that this camera (Olympus e-pm1 with two lenses) is one of the best in the mirrorless category and most of all when buying at the lowest ever price (299,95 pounds) including free shipping to Athens, Greece.
on 3 July 2013
I brought this camera with the 2 lens deal, it was a brilliant little camera with lots of possabilities, the photos speak for itself, if you want to see what it can do please visit my Flickr on [...]
on 29 April 2013
This little camera and its lenses are wonderful partners in Olympus' latest exercise in miniaturization. The original Pen camera was a clever piece of engineering, but there was much compromise involved in its use, so most of us settled for the wonderfully lightweight OM series (all 3 of my OM1 bodies and the original Zuiko lenses are still working perfectly after nearly 40 years!). There is not much that the E-PM1 cannot do, and I am doing my best to test it as much as I can. I shall buy an (Olympus) electronic eyepiece to make framing and focusing easier in bright light, probably the only accessory I shall need. An unreserved success.
on 16 May 2014
Bought this little Olympus Pen in May 2013 (one year ago) and payed just £179.99 for it!! I was looking for a better quality compact without viewfinder when I found this on Amazon. Its 'Micro Four Thirds' format meaning the image sensor inside the camera is bigger than the thousands of other relatively cheap digital cameras out there. Digital is very much like film in that generally, the bigger the format (film or sensor) the better the image (APSC format would be even better). Picture quality with this little camera is better than you might expect, and at £179.99, my bargain of the year.
on 4 October 2013
I buy it as I want to start using the mirrorless camera. It is a great product, the focus time is very fast. The size of the camera is very small. You can buy more lens to create a better picture. However, the quality of the picture is not that great, Some modern smartphone such as S4, lumia 1020 might create the similar picture quality as this product.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 September 2013
I rate Olympus VERY highly, having run them since an OM10 back in about 1983...
This really doesn't let the side down, despite the tiny price. I bought one for my son's 18th, and one for Bro's 50th. Both are utterly delighted, and I'm now pondering buying one for me, so I don't have to haul the D700 around!
on 30 May 2013
I'm not a camera expert, but I wanted something that was a step up from a basic point and shoot. This camera is very easy to navigate and the results are great. I am sure that there are many more features that I will discover as I use it, but so far my reaction is very positive.
on 12 September 2013
I bought this for my daughter as she got very interested in photography. Thought this one was great deal and I know that Olympus make cameras and lenses as I've still got my old SLR Olympus OM1!

Mike