on 9 May 2013
Read the reviews carefully considered Pixma 925 and Epson workhorse and decided that on balance the canon MG8250 satisfied my home DLNA network desktop pc, iPads, iPhone's connection and users best. As far as I can tell this printer has installed entirely satisfactory and complements an existing Canon MP990 Ok. I must add however that it is a user's responsibility to satisfy themselves on common-sense purchase of the set of six printer inks as prices here range from ridiculous to acceptable.
on 19 August 2013
Having consulted me, my family bought me this as a combined Christmas / birthday present. My previous Canon Pixma (Model MP780), which had functioned efficiently for many years, had reached the end of its useful life, so I opted for the MG8250. What a disaster! Over time, it has become clear to me that the printer spends far more time whirring than printing. Error messages frequently occur and this model has proved far more expensive to run than the previous model due to the almost constant process of ink cartridge cleaning. Such is my disappointment with this printer that I will never again opt for a Canon printer.
on 12 May 2013
The MG8250 has all the features I need and works superbly well. I downloaded the Canon print app onto my iPad for wi-fi printing and that is fine. I get excellent print, scan and copy quality. So I definitely recommend this printer.
on 10 December 2013
Delighted with the print standard of this printer and its easy and responsive operation when connected wirelessly. As other reviewers for Canon PIXMA printers have commented, ink is not cheap and it is not always easy to find the grey on sale. Would be great if Canon could address both of these issues and also introduce a version using alternative higher capacity cartridges as available for other models.
on 12 August 2013
Exactly what I wanted - excellent product, particularly the built in slide scan facility (which is the main reason I wanted this printer). Can't think why no longer being manufactured.