on 22 April 2013
As a keen off-roading cyclist and videographer, I bought this camera mount last week as I wanted a better method of fixing my Crocolis HD action camera to my MTB than the Crocolis mount that came with the camera. If you're familiar with the Crocolis then you'll know it comes with a solid metal heavy bike mount that is a bit fiddly to set up plus there's no adjustment to keep camera horizontal if the frame or handlebar geometry isn't level.

Anyway, onto USA Gear's handlebar camera mount. I went for a fast ride over a washboard surface and camera mount performed perfectly. Despite the vibration and harsh surface the mount remained unscathed and retained the selected position thus keeping the camera rock solid and horizontal.
I was pleased to see high quality plastics used in the contruction and even more pleased to see proper metal hinge/pivot pins used. What struck me though was the clever adjustable hinge pivot which enables the mount to be fitted to large or oversized tubing including motorbike handlebars. The ball mount is adjusted by slackening off a knurled locking ring to enable postioning of camera etc. The ball-mount terminates in a standard camera tripod thread and a locking thumbwheel with rubber insert to help grip and protect the camera. Judging by the adjustability of the clamp I reckon it could be used on cars or off-roaders assuming it has tubing of some sort to clamp the mount to. However this is designed for bikes or motorbikes - road or off road fast or slow, trail or down hill.
Now my bike has full suspension but the rough track I rode today still meant a boneshaking ride but the camera mount took it all without complaint. When I returned home, the mount was still in position and the camera unharmed. The clamp that fastens around the handlebars also has a rubber insert for maximum grip which also prevents damage to the bike paint finish.
To summerise a very nicely designed and built product and one I totally recommend.
on 14 September 2015
Unfortunately it broke on its first use.
After attaching my Ion camera to my MTB handle bars, during a bumpy section the bracket cracked and my camera went flying off. The grade of plastic is not strong enough to achieve its intended purpose. I can only return one section of the bracket as the other bit was unretrievable. Save your money and find an alternative.
on 16 May 2015
The second USA gear from the UK arrives well packed and on time. I use now 3 USA gear, 1 is from the USA. The USA packing was different, gray colored and in other packing, seem an action with GoPro 1.4 inch gift. Anyway I have enough GoPro stuff and prefer this on: simply black colored in original packing.
My gears are now super on the handlebar attached. Thanks!
on 28 June 2013
I bought myself a Sony ActionCam and their own brand handlebar mount. The Sony mount gave me problems so I looked around for an alternative and came across this one. Looks good in the pictures and the description and price suited so I ordered one.

24 hours after fitting to the bike the plastic mount that the screw fits in started moving and worrying about the camera I started to remove it. The whole thing came away in my hand and now I have a mount on the bike and a tripod mount screw with a lump of plastic on the bottom in my hand. I am going to try to fix it myself with some epoxy resin but I don't hold out hope.

This whole thing, with the exception of two screws and a metal pin, is made of cheap nasty plastic and is not the "quality" product that the photos and description make it out to be. I am going to go and look for an all metal version from a real brand soon.
on 17 December 2015
Works but not very well, I personally couldn't get on with it as no matter how tight it was my camera always seemed to slip as I went over a bump.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 October 2017
I have a GoPro black, and after purchasing this bracket, have attached it to both my road bike (i.e. cycling on a relatively smooth terrain) and my mountain bike (the complete opposite) and I have to say that both experiences are NOT positive. The plastic tightener that's supposed to hold the adjustable positioning stem firmly in the desired position, just does not do what it's supposed to. Within 30 seconds of setting off on my road bike, the camera was hanging at a funny angle and I had to keep readjusting it whilst I was pedalling. With the mountain bike, it was far worse, unsurprisingly. In fact, with all of the vibration from being off road, the connector that joins the GoPro to the positioning stem, unscrewed itself and the result was that the GoPro completely fell off the bracket and landed on the ground.
on 11 October 2017
Works ok if you are careful. It's fatal flaw is that it comes apart into two pieces when removed and it's easy to misplace one or the other.
on 23 April 2013
The mounting is a bit bulky but for the price this is a good bit of kit. The fitting so far appears firm and east to adjust. It grips the camera well.
For the price (and if your not considering purchases over £10) it is well worth it!!!
on 25 July 2013
Pretty much does what you expect it to do and despite some initial reservations regarding it staying on the handlebars, it does! The mount appears well made and is sturdy without being too weighty. I have however reverted back to my helmet mount for my Contour Roam simply because it give more versatility to shoots and there's less vibration since there's a lot from the handlebar mount due to the condition of our roads!!
on 10 February 2015
Bought this to attach my Sony HDR-AS30V camera to my mountain bike but didn't want to pay the earth. I must say I am impressed with the build quality and how well it fixes to the bike. I haven't used it for long rides yet so not able to say how long it will last, however it seems pretty robust. Videos do not seem to be affected by vibration although the noise travelling from the tyre to the camera can easily be heard - this could be down to the bike and/or camera though.