on 14 June 2017
Excellent thriller. A writer to watch for sure. Can not wait not get stuck into the others in the series!!
on 20 May 2017
I'm being really generous here, by giving it a 2nd star because the writing style isn't too bad - it's the plot that's implausible and I'm giving up at 14%. As I've said in other reviews - I really don't like giving negative comments - but I do wish authors would get someone that is happy to be critical (probably not a family member) to read through and discuss the plot with them. **SPOILER ALERT**

So we have 2 girls, in their 20s, in Morrocco and we've just had a scene on the beach where Amy covered herself when a young man, playing beach football approached her. He explains that women can use the beach in Morrocco and he especially doesn't mind (while leering at her). She asks him about an address and, like the previous person she asked, he tells her not to go there as it's a lawless shanty town. He says Westerners are not safe and women "do not have the same...privileges".

Despite this warning - she sets off (with her friend, Caroline) and the taxi driver (on the way to this shanty town) will only take them to the outskirts and warns them to go no further.

Of course, they do. And what is Amy wearing? A strapless sundress. One minute she's on a public beach and worried about showing too much skin and the next she's going into a place where women have no rights (my interpretation) and she's decided to go in half dressed.

This is the kind of lack of attention to detail that I find exasperating. I'm assuming she survives as there are further books - but, in real life, the girls would quite possibly be raped, murdered and dumped on the beach.

Book 2 in the series was free and I paid 99p for book 1. Will be deleting both.
on 25 August 2016
Two for effort, but really too stupid for words. Apart from (as is so common in Kindle format) mistakes of grammar and phrasing, it is just not possible to say to the British police that you will not give them information unless they take you to another country to participate in a "take down". Just too many ridiculous scenarios and a heroine who is not credible. Believe me no one looks into the barrel of a gun for the first time and wise cracks seconds later.
Bad bad BAD!!!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 4 October 2012
I have literally hundreds of books at any one time in my `to read' list. It's normally a mixture of my long time favourites, some newbie's and some self published stuff. Child Number 3 written by Phil Martin was a self published book and the synopsis sounded right up my street. Like most books or authors I haven't read before I always hope they will be great and thankfully Phil Martin's most certainly was. Amy Walker is the main character in this rather dark book and we are introduced to her life and the fact that she has been very aware of the fact that she was adopted from a very young age. With her father having passed away and he mother being ill, Amy is insistent on finding out more about her birth parents.

Once she has completed medical school, she follows leads on her birth after being told by her parents that she was adopted following the death of her birth parents following a coach crash in Tuscany. What starts out as an innocent search turns into something much more sinister. Amy starts to uncover lies about her birth which leads her down a very dangerous path.

The character of Amy is very likeable, and although maybe not anything other than ordinary she is likeable. As a reader you empathise with her need to find the truth. It's also got a more authentic ring to the story as the path she chooses to take is led by her need for information. It means that the more danger she approaches, the more inquisitive she gets. The story starts in Manchester where Amy is living but before long sees her visiting the shanty towns in Morocco and uncovering links to the Chechen underworld.

The story grabbed my interest and to be quite honest kept it up throughout. The nearer it got to the end the more tense things were. This book only annoyed me towards the end. Obviously being part of a trilogy meant that the ending had me annoyed that I didn't have the next book to read immediately. Thankfully that can be remedied in a matter of days in this case. For a self-published debut novel I thought it was absolutely brilliant. Not quite a 5 star read but a solid 4, and one that made for an unusual and very engaging read. Can't wait for the next one and to be frank priced at £1.32 on Kindle it's a bargain to boot!
Amy Walker is just an ordinary student graduating from university, in the north of England. Suddenly her life becomes complicated, as she discover everything she has been told about her early years is a lie. She goes in search of the truth. This leads to danger in the form of assassins, criminals intent on hunting her down and the police finding her rather suspicious. Who is Amy Walker?

I was really impressed with this book and with Amy Walker. This is a solid crime thriller that takes you on an exciting journey, as you follow Amy. Amy is such a well drawn, lovely strong character and you want her to succeed. Some of my favourite scenes were when Amy was being pursued by assassins and she was either hiding or escaping. I loved the escalating sense of danger, as Amy found out one more piece of the jigsaw.

This is book one in a trilogy. And it’s definitely worth a read, if you are into exciting crime reads.
on 6 December 2012
Really enjoyed this. well worth reading, the story pulls you in from the beginning, wondering whats going to happen next.
enjoyed it so much had to buy the next one right away ...

The story is about Amy Walker and her desperate need to find out about herself. She goes off to search and follow anything that leads her to find out who she is and where she comes from after finding out she was adopted. I don't think she or anyone else imagined just how much it takes for her to find things out, and how much trouble it can cause along the way. This is the first book in the trilogy.

[...]

[...]

Product Description
Having exposed lie after lie told by her foster parents, Amy Walker sets off on a mission of self-discovery to unearth exactly what they have kept buried from the world.

After journeying from her Manchester home to the shanty towns and palaces of Morocco, more untruths lead her back to London and a dark Chechen underworld, where she discovers she was third on a coded, list of stolen children.

As Amy gets closer to unearthing her truth, she disturbs it, alerting the gang to her existence. Her truth will do anything to stay hidden. The gang is still in operation and ready to strike again in Barcelona.

Child No. 3 must be silenced. Little girl lost must never be found.
on 9 May 2014
Really enjoyed this book, it caught me right from the beginning, I find trafficking horrifying & found this book highlighted how evil some people can be in the quest for money & power.
I'm off to buy the next 2 as it really got to me & without giving the end away I need to see how the rest unfolds!
Phil Martin may be my next favourite author! Certainly if the others carry on like this 1 he's up there in my top 3 Thriller writers
on 16 May 2014
this is not my usual sort of book but it was offered to me to read so I went for it, I found it a bit hard going at the beginning until I got used to who's who but after that I couldn't put it down. I'm a slow reader but I finished it within a few days. I would most def recommend this book to everyone and I look forward to reading the next book in the trilogy. Thank you Phil :-)
on 25 September 2017
Amazing book! Couldn’t stop reading. Had me gripped all the way through. Second book next. I think I may be sad when I’ve read all 3 😂
on 11 March 2014
If your looking for an exhilarating...action packed...gripping and tense read, you won't be disappointed by choosing this 'Little Girl Lost Trilogy'

I am rating this series as one book as I could not put them down, and as I completed one book I immediately picked up the next.

This trilogy contains it all, a huge complex plot that is easy to follow, immense tension that had me utterly gripped, great variety of strong characters that can hold their own, and a storyline that twists and turns as each shocking truth unfolds.

This story follows Amy Walker and her travels as she desperately follows new leads as they become uncovered, in her obsession to find out who she is and where she comes from after finding out she was adopted. This trilogy follows her chase for the truth through various towns, cities and countries which are written about with such a strong sense of knowledge and history about each place, this had me feeling like I was in each place as Amy fought to stay alive.

I was sad to see some of the characters come to their end! However Vitali's constant presence more than made up for their loss, I loved his character.

An absolute gem that was recommended to me, and thank god it was as I may never have come across them.

Phil Martin has done a fabulous job with this highly imaginative trilogy and I cannot even begin to guess at all the hard work that clearly went into the plot alone! Will certainly look out for more by this author.

My only one small gripe is it does need proof reading, I could overlook this however due to the strong and emotional storyline. X

Deserves every one of the 5 stars x