Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(1 star). See all 115 reviews
on 7 August 2013
I bought this last year and sadly it is now unreturnable. Thanks to combination of busy-ness and ill health I have not got round to looking at this program properly until now. I still have not got round to inspecting Premiere Elements. I am familiar with Photoshop version 5, indeed have got a college diploma in the subject. However some 15 years later I cannot afford to upgrade to the current version so thought I would try Elements 10 as it did some things the old Photoshop version did not do. Like making a photo collage!! I can do it manually no probs, but the "create" version looked so much prettier and would do it automatically. NO IT WON'T, every time I tried error messages came up and completely froze the program. (which incidentally had an intermittant tendency to slow down anyway). To unfreeze it I had to press CTRL Alt Del and close the whole program. I tried uninstall and re-install, still the same message. The help section is worse than useless and there seems to be no proper contact details for technical trouble shooting. On the Forum it is obvious that this is a long standing fault and the remedy is to go into the registry - I don't think so!! One would have thought Adobe would have condescended to send some sort of patch! I am really annoyed, thank goodness I still have the out of date but trusty Photoshop 5 (which is not installed on the same computer so no clash there). I am investigating other "Create " programs now, I have a feeling the free one with my printer will be less bother. You really should have a facility for Zero stars, because that is all this is worth.
on 21 March 2013
Was dissapointed when product arrived to find it was in a cheap flimsy case which looked like a copy. The product itself is great for the price, however expected it to be in original packaging
on 6 January 2012
When I got this I successfully loaded photoshop on to my mac osx v10.6.8 but premier elements 10 always fails with the error below:

There seems to be little help on exit code 7, and where there is, I have followed the instructions and it still fails to load. It assumes that the problem will be fixed at that point and there is no further help. There doesn't seem to be any British help line to help me - So I've ended up paying over the odds for photoshop as I don't believe I'll ever get premier elements loaded on to my mac.
Basically - their help system smells worse than bad fish. It's made me consider switching from photoshop next time on the stills side.
I'd give it zero stars if that was an option.

Exit Code: 7
-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
- 0 fatal error(s), 8 error(s), 7 warning(s)

WARNING: DW031: Payload:{3F023875-4A52-4605-9DB6-A88D4A813E8D} Camera Profiles Installer 6.0.0.0 has been updated and has been selected for repair. The patch {FEA75AFB-4905-43BB-B1D5-5B44D681BFE7} Camera Profiles Installer_6.4_AdobeCameraRawProfile6.0All 6.4.0.0 will be uninstalled now.
----------- Payload: {68FE2517-2E45-4B03-8241-D0634F43878B} Smartsound1 1.0.0.0 -----------
ERROR: DW006: Apple Package failed to install successfully.

ERROR: DW050: The following payload errors were found during install:
ERROR: DW050: - Smartsound3: Install failed
ERROR: DW050: - Photoshop Camera Raw for Elements 10: Install failed
ERROR: DW050: - Smartsound1: Install failed
ERROR: DW050: - Adobe Premiere Elements 10: Failed due to Language Pack installation failure
ERROR: DW050: - Adobe Premiere Elements 10_LangPacken_US: Install failed
ERROR: DW050: - Smartsound2: Install failed
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
on 29 September 2012
I bought this for my Mac. Elements 10 loaded OK but Premiere 10 failed to load even with various methods gleaned from the Adobe web site and their on-line help through chat. I have returned it for a refund after messing about for 2 days and would caution anyone interested in the product to think again. It's a shame that you can't give zero stars for something that does not work.
on 10 March 2012
I am still unable to install either Photoshop Elements 10 or Premiere Elements 10.

To be fair to Adobe support they have been responsive, but to date unable to it install either of these products on my PC.

If you are interested in these products, install the trial version, determine if it will install on your PC, and it is useful to you, and then purchase.
on 11 July 2012
Everyone keeps on about Photoshop so I thought I should give it a go but I just can't get on with it at all. It's too complicated, not intuitive enough and does loads of daft things that I would never want to do anyway.

I guess if I spent weeks and weeks learning how to use it then maybe I could do something with it, but quite frankly I've got better things to do with my time.

I think if you want to have good pictures then you should invest your time and money into buying a good camera and learning how to take decent pictures in the first place.

What a waste of £55. Gutted